Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US open final - Rafa to win!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Got £8 on Nadal to win at 12/1 but should have had 19/1 if it wasn't for my bloody comp freezing!

Tried to put it on two sets down and a break point down in the third but by the time my comp got working he'd pulled it back to his advantage and the odds rapidly dropped!

Still would be a great profit if he can pull this out the bag.

so what's that you have lost tonight? nearly £100 on this? I do hope you stop embarrassing yourself.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
so what's that you have lost tonight? nearly £100 on this? I do hope you stop embarrassing yourself.

Yeh, actually over £100 as I had other bets on.

I'm stopping for now with my summer profits. It's just too hard to maintain. Maybe I got a little lucky to come out with over £2k :lolol:

Anyway what a ridiculously good set from Novak. It gets no better than that.

I actually came out £30 up despite backing Nadal at 2.8 before the game for £50. The only way is backing and laying throughout the match for small margins.
Backed Djok for sets 1 & 2 once he was in command at approx 2.3, layed off the Nadal bet end of set 3 for a small gain, then bet on a Djok 3-1 win at start of set 4.
HseagullH, if you're going to back £100 on a an outsider, you need a strategy better than blind faith.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
HseagullH, you are a joke! I have decided that you must be on a wind up, there is no way you would purposely make yourself look as stupid as you have over the last few days... Well done, I fell for it

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Who's looking forward to this one? Could be a cracker.

Personally I think Nadals being a bit overlooked here. He's been getting better and better, will be by far the fresher player and yet Djokovic is the clear favourite.

I've stuck £80 on a Nadal win plus £5 on Nadal to win in straights at 12/1.

Where's your money going?

Well, that didn't work either, did it? I'd have put my money on Djokovic, if I was a betting girl. Nadal's reign is over, thank goodness. Never liked him.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Well, that didn't work either, did it? I'd have put my money on Djokovic, if I was a betting girl. Nadal's reign is over, thank goodness. Never liked him.

Why's that hovagirl? He's a humble champion,brilliant even in defeat,wonderful talent who is currently still locked in some wonderful rivalries and just seems Like a down to earth family man! Djok on the other hand has some arrogance about him IMO.,,..but who wouldn't!!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Why's that hovagirl? He's a humble champion,brilliant even in defeat,wonderful talent who is currently still locked in some wonderful rivalries and just seems Like a down to earth family man! Djok on the other hand has some arrogance about him IMO.,,..but who wouldn't!!

I always preferred Federer. But I really miss the men with personalities over the machines: Connors; MacEnroe; Leconte.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Don't worry, I won't forget my team c/r brothers london :moo:
I am going to buy [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] a pair of emerald-encrusted pants to twirl at the Dirty L**ds game :ascarf:
My next bet will be a monkey large e/w on Galikova to win the Arc, I imagine that mug [MENTION=1078]Mtoto[/MENTION] will match it straight away at any price I like! :banana:

Help yourself. My Betfair bank is reloaded already.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who's looking forward to this one? Could be a cracker.

Personally I think Nadals being a bit overlooked here. He's been getting better and better, will be by far the fresher player and yet Djokovic is the clear favourite.

I've stuck £80 on a Nadal win plus £5 on Nadal to win in straights at 12/1.

Never in the history of phrases has the phrase 'Dont give up the day job' seemed more appropriate :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here