Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uruguay 5/1 on Sky Bet

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
worth a flutter if they can cheat their way through another game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With Lodeira, Lugano, Suarez all out, its a big ask, but they are tempting odds.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
With Lodeira, Lugano, Suarez all out, its a big ask, but they are tempting odds.

ive deemed it worth chucking a fiver on - if you lose, its only a fiver. if you win, then its tomorrows beers paid for when super deutschland march onto the final

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm off to lunch in a while, and will check out the scorecast odds. If I can get 40/1 or so on Forlan/ 1-0, I'll bung a couple of quid on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's...

5/1ish to win tonight. (11/2 available)

12/1ish to win the World Cup. (14/1 available)

Slight difference there!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I thought the 4/6 on the Dutch for tonight represented decent value.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's...

5/1ish to win tonight. (11/2 available)

12/1ish to win the World Cup. (14/1 available)

Slight difference there!

Indeed. I think a lot of people get confused between the different odds available at the moment i.e. win in 90mins, progress to next round, or win the tournament. Who in their right mind would expect to see 12/1 on a straight 90 minute match?! Even North Korea had worse odds than that against Brazil and Portugal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. Who in their right mind would expect to see 12/1 on a straight 90 minute match?! Even North Korea had worse odds than that against Brazil and Portugal.

The Albion at Anfield, in 1990 [?] were 12/1.My mates and I had £60 on it and through the slip away at 2-0 down. When the equaliser went in, we were all on our hands and knees frantically looking for it :jester:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've got on around 25-1 both games to go to penalties

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When did they cheat? I seem to have missed that bit? Did they score a goal that they shouldnt? Or maybe they have fielded an ineligible player? Or was someone booked in error in order to avoid someone else getting sent off? Maybe They fielded 12 outfield players in one game?

Can someone please elaborate.

I do recall them being PUNISHED WITHIN THE RULES for the handball, which anyone would have done.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
When did they cheat? I seem to have missed that bit? Did they score a goal that they shouldnt? Or maybe they have fielded an ineligible player? Or was someone booked in error in order to avoid someone else getting sent off? Maybe They fielded 12 outfield players in one game?

I do recall them being PUNISHED WITHIN THE RULES for the handball, which anyone would have done.

It's still cheating. That's what the punishment is for. If you do something which you are not allowed to, then it's cheating.

Very tempting odds. Placed a cheeky £6 on them winning tonight and £4 on them winning the World Cup.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Would you have felt the same had a Hereford player done the same against Brighton in the last minute of the match with the score 1-0 to Hereford? Brighton then hit the bar from the penalty and the referee blows up for full time condemning Brighton to the Conference?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

They did cheat, because one of their outfield players stopped with both his hands on the goal line a ball that was going to score a winning goal. That is against the rules of the game and is cheating.

Just because his team were correctly punished by the ref and that Ghana missed the subsequent penalty, doesn't mean to say that they aren't still cheats.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's still cheating. That's what the punishment is for. If you do something which you are not allowed to, then it's cheating.

So everytime there's a free kick given in every match, that's cheating? Even when it's accidental?

eg, the keeper taking too long to clear the ball from his hands results in a free kick to the oppo - is that cheating?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here