Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

URGENT - Support New Park & Ride Site - LAST DAY to E-mail the City Council

URGENT - Park & Ride - E-mail the City Council Before Monday

Representations about the proposed Carden Avenue Park & Ride must be with the City Council no later than 2nd February.

Send an e-mail NOW - to peter.bloxham@brighton-hove.gov.uk

Include the heading Brighton & Hove (Carden Avenue, Brighton) (Parking Places and One-Way) Order 200*

And write something like this:-

I am writing in support of the above draft order, which is essential to achieve increased capacity at Withdean Stadium.

The proposal will enable Brighton and Hove Albion to ease congestion in the area surrounding Withdean Stadium when extra seats are installed. The revenue from these extra seats is vital if the club is to flourish until the next phase of its development - the building of a 22,000 seat stadium at Falmer.

Then add your Name and Address

Last edited:

Nov 3, 2003
LB,

is my understanding right here that the club wanna us ethe rd for exclusive rights for parking 200 cars on match days and i assume they will leave space for the residents/business to gain access. i.e. without any problems as this rd is obviously unlike MIll Rd where their isnt anything to worry about access

FG

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Done :thumbsup:

FG aka Football Genius. said:
LB,

is my understanding right here that the club wanna us ethe rd for exclusive rights for parking 200 cars on match days and i assume they will leave space for the residents/business to gain access. i.e. without any problems as this rd is obviously unlike MIll Rd where their isnt anything to worry about access

FG
The scheme will work rather like the Mill Road Park & Ride.

Traffic that would normally use the top part of Carden Avenue will be diverted via Crowhurst Road (ie past ASDA). Crowhurst Road is wide enough to cope with this additional traffic without any difficulty.

There are no properties at all that use the affected part of Carden Avenue for access.

The lower part of Carden Avenue will not be used.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i didnt even realise how small and absolutley uneffective to ANYONE the site was!!!

you simply take a road of equal distance for about 500 yards!!!

disgraceful!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here