Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent please help stop my photographer and his wife being deported

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Nsc hasn't changed. You didn't get an immediate response to your appeal but it's no better or worse than it ever has been.

This.

We still are a community , sharing problems and helping others out.

This.

I really don't know what gripe you may have with NSC, but whatever it is, get over it, just because everyones not jumped on to your plea, and I have read early NSC in it's fullest form and whilst it may have had a community sprit, I would suggest the community spirit is as much and probably much more than it was when the membership was no where near the numbers it is today!

And my own little effort......This!

Jul 20, 2003

Dandyman

In London village.
Frankly it shows what a shambles UKBA is in. The feller needs to get his birth certificate and camp outside Theresa (Mod Edit) front door.

Last edited by a moderator:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't the answer that she has a baby quickly (!!) and the baby will then be British (be careful not to be born over the border in Wales as you wouldn't willingly impose that burden on anyone!). She can then appeal the European Court of Human Rights in that her right to family life is being threatened by her deportation. Of course it would have been quicker to send the appeal back urgently rather than leave it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
theres no link on the OP any more, what was he selling?

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I don't get all the emotion and sensationalism.

He's British (despite some confusion on behalf of the authorities) and at NO risk of deportation
She's Canadian
They are married.
They wish to live in the UK as a married couple.
To do so they are required by UK immigration law to satisfy ceratin conditions, one of which is the means of financial support.
If they can't sataisfy all of the requirements to remain, either through her means, or jointly with her husband, she can't stay.

Why is she a special case when thousands aren't?

Or am I missing something, and no, it's nothing to do with Wales!!

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
It's in today's Daily Express. Craig Colville is a twin, but only his brother is British, apparently.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand how that could be possible. I suppose biologically it could be possible, but highly unlikely!

But that isn't the issue here is it - authorities aren't challenging his UK citizinship - at least so I thought? Or have they gone back on that? At least in the Express or Mail, or some paper in Wales?

What a load of nonsense. Just follow the rules like everyone is supposed to, and if necessary get an immigration lawyer (if you afford it).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm sorry but....
1) Right now we are all eagerly waiting news about a possible loss of our football teams' Manager.
2) If this country is willing to bring a girl over from Afghanistan, pay for expensive surgery, house & now school her after she was shot by the Taliban, the put her up for a Nobel Piece Prize I reckon there is little chance that me joining a group on Facebook would stop a Welshmen being deported to 'wherever'.

Wasn't the girl from Pakistan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess the question now is, what will have more gravitas:-

A story of injustice carried by at least 2 national newspapers

or

A Facebook page and a thread on a Championship football clubs independent message board?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
This is a non story, he IS a British citizen, just an error by the UKBA, it happens get over it. She can fly back to Canada apply for a spouse visa and come back to the UK, otherwise he can go to Canada with her, why wouldn't he, he loves her doesn't he?????

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Complete distortion. Nowhere does it say he is in danger of being deported. Only her, and obviously only temporarily till it's sorted out I suspect. Then the OP has the arrogance to claim superiority owing to his length of service on here and as a supporter.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
You are SO WRONG. Way back when NSC was a COMMUNITY and we shared problems and helped each other... this is just an example of what we used to do

This isn't a problem though is it? He is NOT being deported and the clerical error had been admitted. Did you want NSC to help with his wife's immigration status?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Complete distortion. Nowhere does it say he is in danger of being deported. Only her, and obviously only temporarily till it's sorted out I suspect. Then the OP has the arrogance to claim superiority owing to his length of service on here and as a supporter.

Its the NSC way!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thank you guys. I have been a supporter of the Albion since 1967. I have been a member of North Stand chat since 2001 and of the new incarnation since 2003. I helped in the dark days between 1996 and 2006. I simply asked for some help for a very good (best) friend who is as British as you and me and BTW is an Everton supporter. But the shit posted in response shows NSC belongs to those now own it (sorry Darren). Maybe the JCLs have finally owned the site! Sad. BTW I AM a newspaper editor (my first work experience was with John Vinicombe) and Craig is a newspaper photographer! We need help.

Fully sympathise with your frustration. What a ridiculous situation but seriously, apart from a facebook page what do you expect? You are in the newspaper trade, surely the best thing to do is get this in the National Papers and possible TV. Good luck with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here