Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upson Today

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, thought Upson was good today. The back four put in a real shift. Couldn't see it elsewhere, so a special mention for Captain Bridcutt. Great to see him barking orders and bossing people around. And that block when Hull were advancing in the second half after a break away was sublime. At Championship level I didn't rate him as highly as I probably should have last season.

This term I have revised my opininon – the guy is utter, utter class.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
At one point Upson played a classy ball into the outside left channel for Mackail-Smith who was running. Macca didn't look at the ball until it was on him and it went out for a throw. Camera cut to Upson, who was clearly mouthing "watch the f***ing ball".
Also put in some top tackles and defensive headers.
In the spirit of bombardier ale . . . Huzzah.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He was sturdy. Also looked a threat from attacking set pieces and corners. Having him and Ulloa has made a HUGE difference to the likelihood of us winning areal battles in the final thirds.

So far so good from me. I think El Abd works best when an older head is alongside him. On current form Upson to start over Greer every time.

Greer is going to struggle to get back into the team

- - - Updated - - -

He was sturdy. Also looked a threat from attacking set pieces and corners. Having him and Ulloa has made a HUGE difference to the likelihood of us winning areal battles in the final thirds.

So far so good from me. I think El Abd works best when an older head is alongside him. On current form Upson to start over Greer every time.

Greer is going to struggle to get back into the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here