Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upgrading tickets

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Just upgraded my kids season tickets for the Blackpool game as they cant attend and was told by the person on the phone that it will be loaded onto their card.

Has anyone else done this yet and is it true..... its just the way the guy told me on the phone didnt feel me with confidence that its right.. if u know what i mean

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I'd be interested to know how you get on as I'll need to do the same later this season. If I was you I'd take the receipt for the payment of the difference with me, just in case of any problems.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is the payment difference the kids season ticket / 23 and an adult ST in the same section /23 or do they sting you for the difference of a match by match ticket eg £16 - £30 so £14 difference...?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Is the payment difference the kids season ticket / 23 and an adult ST in the same section /23 or do they sting you for the difference of a match by match ticket eg £16 - £30 so £14 difference...?

Yeah they stung me for the full difference... £21 between the very reasonable £7 for an u10 per match to £28 for adult seat

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
I've done it for every game so far.

The adult who has used my lads smart card hasn't had any problems using it on the turnstile.

I've just had to pay the difference each time. Think Doncaster was about £19 in north stand.

Glad they allow you to do it otherwise some seats would be empty for a fair few matches.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Done it for Blackpool and Peterborough. Got the receipts. All they mentioned was that I couldn't do all of the kids tickets up to adults. Seems fair enough.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
i was told if i upgrade my girls u10 ticket to an adult that we would get moved elsewhere!!! but I could go without her and its fine without moving

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah they stung me for the full difference... £21 between the very reasonable £7 for an u10 per match to £28 for adult seat

I did this for Doncaster and was charged £22 for the upgrade, but I was given a paper ticket with the ST being deactivated.

This whole upgrade policy seems vague to me at best with the club seeming to charge almost what they like at the time.

As pointed out by another poster, the whole issue with the Familiy Stand upgrades is also unclear.

Surely this could be clarified once and for all?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
i was told if i upgrade my girls u10 ticket to an adult that we would get moved elsewhere!!! but I could go without her and its fine without moving

This is how it worked at Withdean and how it works at the Amex.

If you have 2 kids ST's, then you can upgrade 1 to an adult no problem so long as you don't tell them that neither kid is going, otherwise they will move you or try & move you. Whether the club will still do this for Blackpool which is now sold out and therefore you can't be moved remains to be seen but that is the policy.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I did this for Doncaster and was charged £22 for the upgrade, but I was given a paper ticket with the ST being deactivated.

This whole upgrade policy seems vague to me at best with the club seeming to charge almost what they like at the time.

As pointed out by another poster, the whole issue with the Familiy Stand upgrades is also unclear.

Surely this could be clarified once and for all?

Asked at the Amex ticket office last week about upgrading an under 10 ST to adult and was told they would de-activate the smartcard and issue a paper ticket. Haven't tried doing it yet, but will be for the Sunderland game. (we're in the WSU not the Family stand)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here