Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upcoming Gigs

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
VERY excited about:

MGMT at the Pressure Point 4 march, £6.50. Time to Pretend = single of the year so far.
(http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=3242691).

Patrick Watson at the Hanbury Club 4 april £9. my favourite album of 2007. live gigs a bit reminiscent of Jeff Buckley....
(http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=19246737).

anyone recommend any others? sadly, gigs are so much better value than watching the Albion these days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Art Brut - 3rd Feb Concorde
Chris Farlowe - Half Brick Worthing 1st Feb
Neville Staples +the Beat - March Concorde
Gary Numan - The Dome
Martha and the Vandellas - August
Asobi Seksu - Feb sometime in London
Bonnie Prince Billy - April apparently

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Got tickets for;
Dropkick Murphys in February
Pigeon Detectives in May

And going to get tickets for;
Flogging Molly and Wombats both in May.

British Sea Power- 29 jan Komedia & 1 Feb Digital
Two Cow Garage 30 Jan The Albert
The Almighty 31 Jan Concorde
and of course the stinky Levellers at the Concorde in march

Not forgetting a whole host of local favourites including Drookit Dogs, Turning Green and My Federation at variety of brighton's finest small venues.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005

Not forgetting a whole host of local favourites including Drookit Dogs, Turning Green and My Federation at variety of brighton's finest small venues.

the gilded palace of sin email said they've only sold 6 tickets for two cow garage ! although i had a listen to their myspace and they sound alright..... if you're interested, i saw in Riks records in lewes they had their first two albums on the shelf for a quid each !

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
oh, and anyone got any spares for Hot Chip ? aswell as missing out on Neil Young, i was half asleep when those went onsale aswell...

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham

Forgot about British Sea Power this Thursday, in Kendal.

the gilded palace of sin email said they've only sold 6 tickets for two cow garage ! although i had a listen to their myspace and they sound alright..... if you're interested, i saw in Riks records in lewes they had their first two albums on the shelf for a quid each !

And I've bought one of them. I've got their last album, they sound great, it should be really good gig. Unfortunately GPOS seem to get people turning up on the night rather than buying beforehand these days, that's why I made a point of getting of buying one in advance. The Albert is a top place to see gutsy rock'n'roll played. One of my gigs of last year was band called the Drams, who are pretty similar to Two Cow garage, they absolutely tore the place a apart. If this gig is just half as good as that, it will be superb night.

MGMT sound pretty good, I may well check that one out. Thanks for the tip.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Neville Staples +the Beat - March Concorde

I shall be at that, and this

Sun 11 May, Spunge, The Freebutt, Brighton

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
And I've bought one of them. I've got their last album, they sound great, it should be really good gig. Unfortunately GPOS seem to get people turning up on the night rather than buying beforehand these days, that's why I made a point of getting of buying one in advance. The Albert is a top place to see gutsy rock'n'roll played. One of my gigs of last year was band called the Drams, who are pretty similar to Two Cow garage, they absolutely tore the place a apart. If this gig is just half as good as that, it will be superb night.

MGMT sound pretty good, I may well check that one out. Thanks for the tip.

you can tell the MGMT (aka The Management) album is produced by dave fridmann, man's got good taste (the delgados, flaming lips, mercury rev, sleater kinney, wheat etc etc).

agree about the Albert, great venue, seen some good gigs there too. might well go to that 2 cow's gig depending on work. sounding like The Replacements, always a good thing in my book....

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Rifles bloody rock!!! Saw them support the Inspirals and their 4 track ep that they did is excellent. Really, really good.

Spunge? - what kinda music? Would I like it?

Its Ska, if you like the Beat and The Specials there's a very good chance :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
cheers, daddio. I'll look out for that.

Oh - and Tony Meola Loan spell and me are going to the Da do ron ron night at the Komedia with guest dj Andy whatsisname from Portishead this Friday. Does that count as a gig? We're getting all MODDED up and evryfink.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
6th Feb - From the Jam with Hugh Cornwell, Lee's Palace, Toronto

Going on a gigging roadtrip:
5th March - Steve Earle, Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, Michigan
6th March - Casting Crowns with Leeland, Nationwide Arena, Columbus Ohio
7th March - either Saw Doctors at the House of Blues, Cleveland, or Marty Goetz in Akron (can't make my mind up)

18th April - Collective Soul, Orillia, Ontario

you can tell the MGMT (aka The Management) album is produced by dave fridmann, man's got good taste (the delgados, flaming lips, mercury rev, sleater kinney, wheat etc etc).

agree about the Albert, great venue, seen some good gigs there too. might well go to that 2 cow's gig depending on work. sounding like The Replacements, always a good thing in my book....

They sound WELL good - a little like Supergrass (also great). Sort of a Spaceman3/Flaming Lips/Supergrass/Grandaddy amalgamation.

NMH approves, and so you may continue to listen to them.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
They sound WELL good - a little like Supergrass (also great). Sort of a Spaceman3/Flaming Lips/Supergrass/Grandaddy amalgamation.

NMH approves, and so you may continue to listen to them.

well thankyou, i am always seeking your approval oh master *bow*

get tickets while you can, debut album's out this week and they'll go MASSEEEVE.

nb: cannot see the supergrass comparison AT ALL !!

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Omid Djalili - 26th February
Scouting for Girls - 8th April
Jimmy Carr - 18th April
Frankie Boyle - 26th April

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here