Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upcoming European Referendum

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
NO! Now you're just being unreasonable. I want pictures of small ducklings. The ones that are really diddy and cute, waddling along after their mum.

Dandyman

In London village.
Razi said:
Seems like they have a pretty varied manifesto.

http://www.independenceuk.org.uk/index.php?menu=manifesto&page=manifestotop

To me, as a 23yr old voter, I am disillusioned with the 3 main parties that are on offer every election - promising pretty much the same things, and delivering very little. I must admit that the UKIP has quite a few things in their manifesto that I find myself agreeing with, particularly with regards to immigration.

Razi, I can't help feeling you are getting conned here. it is very unlikely that vast numbers of people will come here from the new EU countries. Possibly some building workers, teachers and health professionals but the idea of a vast army of unemployed leaving behind some actually very nice countries to pick up a pittance on the dole while living in a bedsit is frankly fantasy.

I don't have any great love for any of the parties but the UKIP are a bunch of hard right loonies who would like us to abandon any idea of a social welfare model and substitute a minimal welfare, low wage US model instead.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
It's the closest thing I can find to the "shut off the borders and stop anyone else coming in at all" model that I'd prefer, to be honest. I'd rather the Government work on getting education right to help in training up the existing people in the country to fill vacancies in the technical and nursing sectors.

Controversial, maybe. Just a personal opinion which is bound to differ from most.

Shanks

Sep 30, 2003
Harlow
Re UKIP: any party that recruits Kilroy should be avoided at all costs.

Not necessarily because of his views, but just because he's a smarmy twat.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shanks said:
Re UKIP: any party that recruits Kilroy should be avoided at all costs.

Not necessarily because of his views, but just because he's a smarmy twat.

That is just because Shanks is a staunch Tory and does not want UKIP nicking their votes.

I will be voting New Labour as always.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
One of the joys of the European Election is that nothing will change whatever you vote. Not the "nothing" of voting for the British Parliament, but really nothing.

I'm not sure who to vote for, but of course it doesn't matter. I'll still vote though - it's local council on the same day, and that does matter (as I care about what my local council do).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ofcourse the real irony of voting for the UKIP in a European election is that they go off to sit in a parliament whose existance they fundementally oppose... :dunce:

And regarding Kilroy, you forget that he was once a Labour MP. Sort of put a bit of perspective on the immigration/EU issues - its *not* just the Right thats against, they are simply more vocal about it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
smarmy twat agreed, just pointing out that left wings quiet disagreement with the "european project". I assume from Richies comment your comment would equally apply to Labour...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here