Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up-to-date Saturday 3pm table (with remaining fixtures)

Following Swindon's lunchtime win; shows the GD and remaining fixtures of just the clubs we can catch.....and of those who can catch us.

Attachments

• sat 2pm.jpg
    sat 2pm.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 130

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its in our hand. 2 wins and we stay up.

If we win massively to the point it brings goal difference comfortably in our favour, a win and a draw is enough even if carlisle win both their games.

But I'd prefer two wins.

Er... if Carlisle win both their games and we draw, we'll be going down on goal difference. So I'm not sure how you calculated otherwise.

What we do have going for us, is that there are other teams on the edge, and there could be others slipping up if we can get a win next week.
'If' is still a big word, and we could be left regretting a mere dropped point from the season that could have saved us from relegation.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Er... if Carlisle win both their games and we draw, we'll be going down on goal difference. So I'm not sure how you calculated otherwise.

What we do have going for us, is that there are other teams on the edge, and there could be others slipping up if we can get a win next week.
'If' is still a big word, and we could be left regretting a mere dropped point from the season that could have saved us from relegation.

Err, not if we win 5-0.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

That's why I stressed we had to win massively and turn the goal difference in our favour. When I wrote that we were on -16 and they were on -15. If they won both their games they'd be on -13, at least.

So, if we won our one win 4-0. We'd be on -12 goal difference, to Carlisle's -13, and we'd be safe.

It's a moot point now. A draw is not enough if Carlisle win, and a win is Carlisle's only hope.

So we have to go out for a win.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, after Saturday 25 April's results, the situation is:

If Brighton win v Stockport
We stay up

If Brighton draw v Stockport
We need Carlisle to draw or lose at Millwall

But if Carlisle win at Millwall, we need Northampton to lose both remaining games to MK Dons (h) and Leeds (a) - both opponents with nothing to play for.

If Brighton lose v Stockport
We need Carlisle to draw or lose at Millwall, and the total goal difference of our defeat together with an unwanted Crewe victory to not be more than four goals (otherwise Crewe would send Brighton and Carlisle down).
But if Carlisle win at Millwall, we need Northampton to lose both games by massive margins - such as 9-0 and 9-0 (and even then if might not be enough)!

(Stockport have no chance of relegation - even if they got deducted 10 points this season)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here