Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Up Next: Wolves (a)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What’s the score with the De Zerbi flag, is it going to away games?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
For anyone travelling via Birmingham, the Christmas Market starts tomorrow and isn’t a bad place for a pre-match drink. It’s a stone’s throw from New Street Station. Plenty of other drinking options close to the station and probably a better bet than drinking in Wolverhampton.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Presumably if one can no longer attend due to the lack of trains post match there’s no way of passing one’s ticket on legitimately to someone who can attend?
I'm in the camp that can go but can't now get a ticket. I guess after the recent furore, nothing can be done but it does seem a shame when the team needs all the support it can get. Season ticket holder in SE1.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are often spectacularly bad against sides low on confidence/in poor form.

I'd love one of those moments - like the 5-0 against Norwich a few years back - where we go "hang on, this lot are shit" and just batter them.

Are we ? Wolves lost 3-0 to us in a bad run at end of last season - that they’re still on ! , the 4-0 to United and 2-1 to United weren’t out of the blue , given their form - although the manner of the victories was still a surprise and Leicester (5-2) had had a really poor start.
But thing is / we win very few games so inevitably some of those non wins will be against struggling teams. Eg: Forest , Norwich

luge

Dec 18, 2010
In theory we should smash it, but this is exactly the sort of game we underperform in. Wolves have been quite expansive recently, if they keep that up, then we have a great chance. If they low block it - gnarly draw or a single goal defeat.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Veltman back in if fit, Lallana to the bench, Gross to Lallana role.
Welbeck might come back in if RDZ thinks we need more in the air in both boxes.
If we score first and early then I can see the locals turning on their own team very quickly.
I thought that this was probably Welbeck’s best 90 mins for us last season. The big one for the boss is if he brings him back then it’s most likely Mitoma who drops to the bench, that would be harsh and a mistake IMO.

Heart says 1-3 to us and Wolves in deep trouble, head says 1-1. I have no idea how Neves is still at Wolves, great player.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
If we score first and early then I can see the locals turning on their own team very quickly.
I thought that this was probably Welbeck’s best 90 mins for us last season. The big one for the boss is if he brings him back then it’s most likely Mitoma who drops to the bench, that would be harsh and a mistake IMO.

Heart says 1-3 to us and Wolves in deep trouble, head says 1-1. I have no idea how Neves is still at Wolves, great player.
I think it would be incredibly harsh not to start the 11 who started against Chelsea, unless they are injured.
And if that means Velts and Welbeck miss out so be it. They can start against Arsenal in Midweek.

We have more than enough to beat what I think is the worst Wolves side since they came back up. I am starting to believe the RDZ will be able to unlock these sides in a way that GP never really managed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Neves must be due a wonder goal and Traore to have his one game a season where he looks unplayable.

Obviously I am just being pessimistic. We will be on here at half time saying “I have seen this game many times before” as we forget how to score.

1-0.

Although that is head. My heart says we will batter them again. Welbz will score and celebrate his WORLD CUP CALL UP.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We are often spectacularly bad against sides low on confidence/in poor form.

I'd love one of those moments - like the 5-0 against Norwich a few years back - where we go "hang on, this lot are shit" and just batter them.
Or indeed, those games against Leicester or Man U this season.
Depends on whether they're generally shit or just 11 men in their own box shit.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm in the camp that can go but can't now get a ticket. I guess after the recent furore, nothing can be done but it does seem a shame when the team needs all the support it can get. Season ticket holder in SE1.
Me too, only 25 mins along the M54 for me.
Been many times in the Championship, but not seen us there in the Prem.
If there are any supporters with a ticket that are now not going to attend, what options do they have [if any]? - I mean ticket offload not alternative travel

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Our away support is always brilliant , i think the support and the team will carry on from pummelling potters pansy`s , Enciso to score his first for us 3-1 Albion :ascarf:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
This is a first for me as I’ve never been to Molineux. Most remarks that I’ve heard concerning going to Wolves is that it ain’t exactly friendly. I’ve survived Stoke and Burnley so I reckon I’ll be okay. As for the game, I hope we’ve turned the corner on the goal scoring front. Wolves really are a strange team, a couple of years ago they were a threat and certainly top 8 material. Since then they have plummeted badly but with the odd unexpected success. Let’s hope that won’t be the case this Saturday.
Went there the game before football shutdown, and honestly, had no problems. The tepid 0-0 probably helped keep it calm, but all the fans I spoke to pre and post match were nice enough.

I do always wonder, and maybe it is naive of me, but due to where we have come from, and apart from the obvious, we must be on the lower end of the spectrum of away teams that really get the home crowd heated. I'd imagine it is the same for Brentford and Bournemouth. Maybe I am wrong...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
In absolutely classic Albion style we will follow up a big win against one of the big 6 with a disappointing loss.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

If Lallana is fit he he has to start for me. He was crucial to what we did to Chelsea in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here