Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unreadable Heritage Stones

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yes, an incredibly obtuse response from someone who calls themselves an 'Insider' and quite frankly pretty insulting to fans who have paid over the odds for a piss-poor product.

There is absolutely NO good reason to ignore complaints on this scale.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Yes, an incredibly obtuse response from someone who calls themselves an 'Insider' and quite frankly pretty insulting to fans who have paid over the odds for a piss-poor product.

There is absolutely NO good reason to ignore complaints on this scale.

Sorry, but I haven't ignored your complaint. I have actually looked at the stones, and to me they were quite readable. If you disagree, or feel you have been short changed on what you felt was the product you were sold, then a call to Customer Services to make a personal complaint would be the sensible next step.

I have also escalated yours (and others) comments to club management.

Thank you for your considered reply re: the Heritage Stones

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Thank you for taking the time to post a more satisfactory reply on this thread. It was not my intention to imply that you, specifically, had ignored all the complaints posted here, rather that the Club itself had.

As for customer services.....well, it is quite obvious to me that they are either unable or unwilling to respond, despite e-mails that have been sent.

However, now that you have escalated this to management level, I hope that we receive a constructive statement in the very near future.

Cheers

Gary

Last edited:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Not a problem. Drop me a PM with your full details and I will pass onto CS and ensure they contact you, however, don't forget if you check the charter the response time is up to 10 working days (although usually much quicker) for emails, more urgent queries should be dealt with by phone.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Appreciate the suggestion, but as my full details (along with a reasonably drafted letter - via e-mail) have already been sent to customer services, Martin Perry and Ken Brown, I would hope to receive a reply anyway.

In response to your offer - and I quote:

".... pop up during the week and I will quite happily look at them with you! "

I am available on Tuesday 20th Sept. to do just that. In fact, it would be interesting to see if any others who have contributed to this thread would also be willing and able to join us?

So, over to you folks!

Gary

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Agree that they are too dull and should be white as they would be much brighter but again with a bit of footfall or vehicles and rain they would be covered again. I have one in memory of my Dad, but it is there and we know where it is! Simple solution would have been to have it on a wall!

No gripes as you can't win them all!:cheers:

Agree with this.
Changing the lettering from blue to white or gold would definately be an improvement and not as costly as replacing the whole stones!!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Agree with this.
Changing the lettering from blue to white or gold would definately be an improvement and not as costly as replacing the whole stones!!

So, how much would it cost then...and whom?

Also, you failed to point out other rather pertinent facts, namely:

- quality compared to that which was advertised (answering 'I've been to have a look and they are readable' doesn't answer the question)

- The state they are in (answering well they are driven over) doesnt again answer the question).

- the location and the alive and kicking response (no attempt to answer this)

- failure to locate two or more items for the same family together (no answer)

- errors (no answer)

Do these matters have no bearing on your opinion?

Gary

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Am i the only one that thinks these responses are pretty poor going. I don't think the club are going to give a straight answer at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A bounce because I'm sure when I was at the Amex on Tuesday and walked past the stones, it seemed as though a single column of the stones was in a far lighter grey than the others and more legible as a result.

I'm not sure if they've always been there or have been cleaned or replaced even, but the difference was quite noticeable.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
A bounce because I'm sure when I was at the Amex on Tuesday and walked past the stones, it seemed as though a single column of the stones was in a far lighter grey than the others and more legible as a result.

I'm not sure if they've always been there or have been cleaned or replaced even, but the difference was quite noticeable.

We spotted that one column of lighter ones before the Leeds match. So, if they are cleaning them, it's a slow process!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think that one column has always been there, could be wrong, but certainly noticed it a whole back.

Any news on what the club said?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here