Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

University of Sussex Students Union supporting Falmer Residents!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As a committee member of the American Football team at my uni, I used to have to attend these Union meetings every month or our club gets its funding cut.

All I can say is...let them. These meetings are the biggest waste of everyone's time ever. Basically a load of tree-huggers and Young Conservatives debate issues that they have absolutely no jurisdiction over, and after hours of painful listening come up with some resolution which will be rejected by the people that actually run the university, or whoever else holds the actual authority on the relative issue.

Student politicians are people with no real hobbies whilst at uni, who are under the misguided idea that they are actual politicians. Let them think that, they can't do anything

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Look, they are students. They believe, naively, that they can change the world. They are determined to show how "on message" they are by trying to tackle adult themes within their own little world, when in reality all they are interested in is cheap beer, not missing too many lectures, and coming across as "oddball" or "alternative". Give them 4 years, and they will all be knuckling down in a suit somewhere moaning about how students think they can change the world.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Message to all teenagers and students

F*** off now, while you still know all the answers :salute:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bloody students.

They were doing this when I was there without actually knowing the facts.

1066gull

Great. I look at UoS and what it offers and if I go there, I will be outnumbered by some people who think they know it all.:censored:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I love the sterotypical crusty students. Gotta have something to moan and be depressed about :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was at Sussex for a year. Must admit I wasn't overly keen on the place, lots of pretentious ass holes. People who attend these sort of things are usually cocks, especially when there is cheap beer to be drunk.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Les Biehn said:
I was at Sussex for a year. Must admit I wasn't overly keen on the place, lots of pretentious ass holes. People who attend these sort of things are usually cocks, especially when there is cheap beer to be drunk.

I just graduated from there and in every one of the 3 years that I was there they had to re-call the AGM because not enough people turned up to vote the first time. They only got enough attendees when the uni bars started to close because the union couldn't purchase more stock until the AGM votes were carried through.
This is bearing in mind that they only needed a few hundred votes out of a total student population of somewhere in the region of 10000.
Thats how much the general student population cares about the union and how representitative the union is of the student's views.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rangdo said:
I just graduated from there and in every one of the 3 years that I was there they had to re-call the AGM because not enough people turned up to vote the first time. They only got enough attendees when the uni bars started to close because the union couldn't purchase more stock until the AGM votes were carried through.
This is bearing in mind that they only needed a few hundred votes out of a total student population of somewhere in the region of 10000.
Thats how much the general student population cares about the union and how representitative the union is of the student's views.

We just used to vote for the people with the silliest names.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
1066Seagull said:
Man.:down:

I will be an SSU in two years time.:down:

How depressing would it be if I'll still be in the minority.

I want to make sure I get a room with the best view of Falmer.:lolol:

I suggest you go across to other side of the dual carriageway.

There is a polytechnic that will probably let you in.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
fatboy said:
I suggest you go across to other side of the dual carriageway.

There is a polytechnic that will probably let you in.

I suggest you stand in the middle of the dual carriageway. A big lorry will be along shortly.

Dandyman

In London village.
HampshireSeagulls said:
I suggest you stand in the middle of the dual carriageway. A big lorry will be along shortly.

Oi ! Leave my staff alone. Only Uncle Buck and I are allowed to offer him to passing lorry drivers.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Dandyman said:
Oi ! Leave my staff alone. Only Uncle Buck and I are allowed to offer him to passing lorry drivers.

It was 1066 that I was suggesting goes and plays with the traffic!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Those students that are against are ignorant, unwashed, smelly, wasters who need to start paying their way in society before they can have an option!

Those in favour, ignore all of the above!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here