Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United..

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
owen on pay per play could be the BARGAIN of the season

if newcastles medical department is as much of a circus as the rest of the club, is it really suprising he has spent so much time injured? man united will be able to look after him, they lack a player who can bang in goals from the 6 yard box, and owen will have a ton of chances created for him, which he has lacked in recent years due to newcastles shitness

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hunterlaar is a good finisher, a lot better than Berbatov. Owen, in my eyes, would be a good signing for United and he'll bag more than 15 goals per season for them.

The only downside is that Rooney will still be used on the left side and not in the centre where he is most effective, which would benefit England.

he played a fair bit on the left for united last season, and his performances and goals record since fabio took over suggest that it hasn't really effected him too much

the best news out of this for england is that united could spend this season developing a ready-made partnership for the world cup between the two of them

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
yep, eric djemba djemba , david bellion, diego forlan,massimo taibi, jordi cruyff to name a few!

Oi - I never said he got it right every time. I'd agree those were all duds with the exception, in my book, of maybe Forlan. He did not have a good time at United, but he's no bad player.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Oi - I never said he got it right every time. I'd agree those were all duds with the exception, in my book, of maybe Forlan. He did not have a good time at United, but he's no bad player.

The fact that Real Madrid wanted to sign him not too long ago also shows he's not a bad player.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That 17 year old Macheda looked pretty bloody good when he played a few games last season.

federico_macheda_1379386c.jpg

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
he played a fair bit on the left for united last season, and his performances and goals record since fabio took over suggest that it hasn't really effected him too much

the best news out of this for england is that united could spend this season developing a ready-made partnership for the world cup between the two of them

I was trying to compare his goal scoring record last season from playing on the left to that of when he plays centrally, although that doesn't really matter now as England are no longer a basic 4-4-2 team under Capello. I much prefer the 4-5-1 formation and results have proved so.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think Owen will be a decent signing. If he is to get himself fit at any club it will be United. I was actually hoping he was going to go there when he came back to England as I still think Rooney plays best behind a pacey front man. Admittedly he does not have the same pace he used to but I reckon there is a good partnership there. Any forward in the world would chose to play with Rooney for his class and goals, which he scores and provides.

I don't think Tevez is a great loss. Yes he worked hard but I think he is slightly over rated. There is no way he is worth the £30 million United were supposedly going to pay for him. He is replaceable and I think Owen is a step in the right direction. It's not as if he can command massive wages anymore.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
hows the job search going mate ?

Note to self : Must start looking for a job any week soon.

Actually, seriously, up til now I've not looked too hard really, but I am just starting to get a bit more serious about it. Did apply to one place this week, which sounded quite interesting. It seems that most of the jobs that come up at the mo are FX based.

The number of jobs available does seem to have gone up in the last couple of weeks though (I did speak to one agent that told me BGC had just hired a load of IT staff, which makes my redundancy seem even worse now after just 5 months)

How's you, all ok I hope.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The other thing is that Owen and Heskey had a very good England partnership so if he gets fit and starts bangin them in (for whoever he plays for) he WILL be in the England squad - if maybe not the first 11.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
yep, eric djemba djemba , david bellion, diego forlan,massimo taibi, jordi cruyff to name a few!

I think the signing and development of Ronaldo cancels them all out really? But look at Cantona, Sheringham, Larrson- he's pulled off similar players before.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Note to self : Must start looking for a job any week soon.

Actually, seriously, up til now I've not looked too hard really, but I am just starting to get a bit more serious about it. Did apply to one place this week, which sounded quite interesting. It seems that most of the jobs that come up at the mo are FX based.

The number of jobs available does seem to have gone up in the last couple of weeks though (I did speak to one agent that told me BGC had just hired a load of IT staff, which makes my redundancy seem even worse now after just 5 months)

How's you, all ok I hope.
business is very slow at the moment, but ticking over , who knows though ? nobody has a job for life anymore.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Their squad looks so weak when you put it like that.
Mind you, it did to me last season :/
Agree that Fergie is the best manager in the world, maybe of all time, but he has made some questionable signings in the past..
Jesper Blomqvist, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Berbatov?

What?! Top of the assists table for a good part of last season.

Rooney Owen Berbatov would be the strongest striking line up in the league by a MILE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here