Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United to pay out for damage to Wembley dressing room

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
From the BBC

Manchester United have apologised and offered to pay for the damage caused to their Wembley dressing room following Saturday's FA Cup semi-final.

United said they drew the Football Association's attention to the damage done to a wall following the 1-0 loss to fierce rivals Manchester City.

They added it was "only surface damage" and neither manager Sir Alex Ferguson nor any players were responsible.

The FA says it is very unlikely to take any further action over the incident.

The damage - which a United spokesman described as "about three inches in diameter... and a small hole" - was inflicted in the aftermath of Saturday's heated encounter at Wembley, which City won thanks to Yaya Toure's 52nd-minute strike.

Rumours that the hole was to allow Big Brother's Imogen to nosh off Ryan Giggs at half time have not get been confirmed.

At the final whistle a number of United players - including defender Rio Ferdinand and midfielder Anderson - angrily confronted City striker Mario Balotelli.

The Italian is believed to have thrust the badge on his shirt in the direction of opposition supporters, while also winking sarcastically at centre-back Ferdinand as the players left the field.

Ferdinand has since apologised for the incident but also criticised Balotelli for taunting the United fans.

"If you score a goal and give a bit to opposing fans I kind of accept that," said Ferdinand through Twitter. "But at the final whistle, go to your fans and enjoy it, not opposing fans."

"If I offended anyone, I apologise, emotions obviously running high."

From the BBC

In the part of the article where Ferdinand says this: "If you score a goal and give a bit to opposing fans I kind of accept that," said Ferdinand through Twitter. "But at the final whistle, go to your fans and enjoy it, not opposing fans." Does this include his team mate Gary Neville goading Liverpool fans by kissing the badge in the past?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the part of the article where Ferdinand says this: "If you score a goal and give a bit to opposing fans I kind of accept that," said Ferdinand through Twitter. "But at the final whistle, go to your fans and enjoy it, not opposing fans." Does this include his team mate Gary Neville goading Liverpool fans by kissing the badge in the past?

When this was thrown back at him by a few thousand Tweeters, he said it was "completely different, as Nev was celebrating a goal" :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Do you have to be an utter MONG to sign for Man U, or is it something they cultivate there ?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Am I right in thinking this is the biggest non-story published in the BBC's history? Actually, it's not just a non-story. Unless I'm missing something it's f***ing irresponsible and well beneath them to put up a headline like that, briefly mention that it wasn't the players or manager, and then imply (by repeating those parts of the days action) that it is somehow something to do with the arguments on the pitch after the match.

Or am I missing something?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Rumours that the hole was to allow Big Brother's Imogen to nosh off Ryan Giggs at half time have not get been confirmed.

:laugh: Couldn't resist could you ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When this was thrown back at him by a few thousand Tweeters, he said it was "completely different, as Nev was celebrating a goal" :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Do you have to be an utter MONG to sign for Man U, or is it something they cultivate there ?

Trailer trash... oh but it wasn't them... f***ing big rats they've got in them changing rooms then!!

Teddy Sheringham v Arsenal 2000 at OT. Picks up three imaginary trophies in front of the Arsenal away end for... yep you guessed it... ManUre!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here