Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United Airlines

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Flew them for the first (and last)time today, London to San Francisco 10 hours,
within the first hour all the seat back tvs had stopped working,
food choice beef, chicken or veg......sorry sir no chicken or beef left!!
then beer.....not even inclusive ,,,,$6 for a tin of american piss..

ok no prob can just ogle the fit stewardess for 10 hours.....WRONG......they were all the wrong side of 55....I am convinced some were over 60..I read an article recently about a steward retiring aged 82 on United...I thought it was a joke, now i know it was serious..

next time I will pay the £50 extra to Virgin

good night....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Proper United are a bit old and shit now, but the old Continental stuff is brilliant. Actually the best Business Class product I have flown!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
American Airlines are no better either packed in, woeful entertainment and you have to pay for everything and as for the stewardesses horrible.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

ok no prob can just ogle the fit stewardess for 10 hours.....WRONG......they were all the wrong side of 55....I am convinced some were over 60..I read an article recently about a steward retiring aged 82 on United...I thought it was a joke, now i know it was serious..

good night....

Glad you have decided to give another airline a chance ! Am surprised you didn't start a thread calling all airlines scum, just like you did with Estate Agents after one bad experience ! Lol

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

good night....

I fly regular to & from the States. BA & Virgin are streets ahead of any American airline. True about the cabin crew as well.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

good night....

UNited and American are horrible. They charge for everything and still can't make money. United even used to curtain off a line of seats so the crew could sleep when they wanted. Don't know if they still do it 'cos I've avoided them for years. Flight crew was always old women and gay men (much like BA?)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We flew United a couple of years ago, in fact we used United Vacations for our LV, LA, SF trip and thought they were fine, we did pay a bit extra and went in their premium economy section though, which compared to other airline was very reasonable.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The same cheeseparing accountants are effectively running all the airlines.

Can you say 'capacity utilization'?

Of course you can.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Been to the states quite a bit but we only fly with Virgin and never have any problems. Great service and entertainment. Definitely worth the extra as it's a long old flight!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh

good night....

And they say nurses have it tough.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why anyone would choose an American Liner is beyond me, Flown US, American, Continental and Delta, with the exception of Delta they were all poor.

The Merger may help improve things...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
US airlines really are WANK, Delta is the best of a bad bunch but even they have some pretty poor staff and not exactly great service.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
A certain former Albion Legend who works for United Airlines, will I'm sure take interest in this thread if he reads it? :smile:

US long haul carriers, whether they be Delta, United, American or Continental have several things in Common. - All drinks are charged for if you are 'down the back', severely cramped legroom in economy, (especially some AA planes) plus premium cabins that have seats of a style that BA had in the early nineties. Many US Carriers are & have been teetering on the verge of bankruptcy for years - Their arses only being saved by 'Chapter 11' protection procedures.

I would never fly a US long haul Carrier out of choice. Those who rubbish BA would really appreciate them after a bad 'experience' with a US Carrier.

As for the elderly crews you see on US Carriers. All North American Cabin Crew as part of their collective agreement, operate a bidding system for rosters & routes based on seniority. Obviously, those who have the longest seniority, get first dibs on the routes they wish to fly.

The plus side of having more senior crew on North American Carriers: In a potential emergency situation, who would you rather have taking care of things? Those who have years of experience under their belts or one of Bransons young trolly dollies?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We used to fly Delta from Atlanta down to our place in Orlando & never had any trouble with them (maybe this was because it was internal?). The staff were especially good the year our son threw up all over me just before takeoff; the stewardess helped clean him up with my wife, & an off duty stewardess gave up her seat for me to sit in instead of a puke covered one. While I was changing my t shirt the pilot even came down to see if we were all ok & took my son up to the cockpit for a few minutes (pre 9/11 this was)
United & AA though are an entirely different matter.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here