Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Cor how I would love to see Brighton topping the Europa league group stage. I know it's a micky mouse competition but difficult to imagine even 5 years ago let alone 10.

Inspiring stuff from USG, knock out rounds now and anything can happen - get yourself on the Champions League!
If you think the Europa league is Mickey Mouse, I want to go to Disneyland
Europa League Group runners-up: AS Monaco, AS Roma, FC Midtjylland, Manchester United, Nantes, PSV Eindhoven, Stade Rennais, Union Berlin

From 'Champions League': Ajax, Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, FC Salzburg, Juventus, Sevilla, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sporting CP

Europa League group winners advance direct to the round of 16, to be played on March 9 and 16. The draw for this round will be held on Feb. 24.

Group winners: Arsenal, Fenerbahce, Ferencvaros, Feyenoord, Freiburg, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Union Saint-Gilloise

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Adingra on the bench today home to Westerlo. If Union win and the post-Felice Mazzù Anderlecht can get at least a point at Antwerp, Union could end the weekend in second.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Union now second after a fine 3-2 win at Alzate's Standard Liège. Adingra came on at the end so not much chance to show anything.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Live stream of RUSG v Angers friendly

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Decent finish by Adingra, with a clever run by Boniface across to distract the keeper.

Thanks so much for these regular updates. I suspect that you've seen a fair bit of Adingra now. Care to provide a summary? We've made a number of similar profile (young, transfer fee of c£5-10m, quick) forward signings in recent years and Adingra seems to have a lot more promise than Zeqiri and Sima.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Strange defending. Why didnt defender stand in front of him
Very strange, its like he was trying to show him down the outside forgetting that they were far too central for that to be a decent option.

Hopefully Adingra can qualify for a work permit at the end of the season as being able to spend pre-season at least in and around the first team squad would be good for him.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Thanks so much for these regular updates. I suspect that you've seen a fair bit of Adingra now. Care to provide a summary? We've made a number of similar profile (young, transfer fee of c£5-10m, quick) forward signings in recent years and Adingra seems to have a lot more promise than Zeqiri and Sima.
Yes, I should get out more...if nothing else to actually see Union in person soon. Hopefully some of the fans stop throwing flares about so they don't shut the terrace...

Well, Adingra's Union stats are better than Mitoma's already and only halfway through the season

https://www.lesoir.be/484529/articl...on-adingra-deja-plus-decisif-que-kaoru-mitoma

Still raw but only turns 21 New Year's day, so to be expected. Two footed and very quick thinking, as shown by his latest goal in the cup. The defender was no doubt aware that he often shoots with his right but wasn't expecting him to shoot so early. Hard working up and down the wing.

See his league goals here - Sint Truiden, Zulte, Eupen, Cercle and Oostende

Belgian Cup - 3 goals. 2 at Cappellen, and 1 at home to Oostende on Tuesday.

His 2 assists away to Braga in the Europa League too.

Eleven Sports show most of the games at 3.49 Euro, no doubt dodgy streams available too... https://elevensports.com/en/club/r-union-st-gilloise-cnu3ss

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Union 0-0 at half time to Oostende. Only half watching but a couple of good breaks down the wing by our man Adingra...

Reactions: cjd

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Soft penalty for Union, then our man Adingra makes it 2-0...a nice little move with Boniface.

Reactions: cjd

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Good day for Tony B's teams, Dante Vanzeir with a third in injury time. 3-0.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Union's goals against Oostende on Monday. Nice turn from Adingra to start the move for his goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here