Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Undav taking shooting lessons from us! Mitoma looks decent.

First time I’ve watched USG and my first impression is - very attacking, only thought is to go forward. Don’t think I’ve seen one player yet turn and pass it back.

Mitoma looks good, Undav should have scored 3 in the second half

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I take it the maximum of two loan players (or is it three?) from any one club only applies in England (or the UK) then?

One of the loaners is in goal for Ostende, and ironically having a very decent game against his employer's other club!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
USG had 5 in the box as the cross came in.

That's why it looks like there's space, they get players in the box and cross early.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
f/t 1-1. Undav missed 3 great chances before burying a far post header on 83 mins.

Mitoma a brilliant performance off the bench, he is raw but such an exciting player to watch.

On the negative side Koslowski was anonymous and subbed at half-time, while Scherpen had a nervy 2nd half but the range on his kicks and throws is top drawer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An 18 club division, so effectively just a point for the title from 2 games?

B31D9B2B-717D-4A19-9B23-AB1C88538A96.png

Standard Liege (A) and Beerschot (H) their final fixtures.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Delighted we’ve financed their title run while yet again languishing in the lower echelons of our own league.

Wait, not delighted…the opposite.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need a draw today to finish top of the initial league ( barring a goal difference debacle in the last match ).

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Need a draw today to finish top of the initial league ( barring a goal difference debacle in the last match ).

They really need to win both remaining games to give themselves a decent points advantage in the playoffs.

Fortunately the last game is at home to the side that’s rooted to the bottom.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You didnt finance their title run, Tony Bloom did.

Quite an important point to make is that USG/Tony Bloom didn’t actually pay much money for any of their first team players. They were mostly free transfers with fees paid for a handful of less than 500K. Where Brighton/Bloom do come into it is that Brighton’s scouting data was used to identify all these players resulting in a title challenging team producing 2 Belgium internationals and a Danish international. It’s a real success story and certainly good news for Brighton - there’s no way we’d have got Undav for as little as 6m from any other team at an equivalent level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here