Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uninsured vehicles

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
We used to have a problem round here with cars, matresses, fridges... anything actually.

The council got it's arse in gear and now if you see anything or more usually want to get rid of something they take them away in a couple of days for free.

Council tax money well spent in my book.

I would hardly call effectively subsidising fly tipping money well spent.

More like accepting the shit behaviour I expect pollutes your part of the world as much as mine, and people are too scared to challenge it. Me and a neighbour have lobbed a fridge, set of shelves and a sofa into gardens of f***ing human filth who think they can just leave stuff out on the street, recently. We have put a stop to it with no cost to the Old Bill or Lewisham council. We should get a rebate.

No one in this country has any arsehole it appears.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It must be a real PAIN if you drive a car that is insured, but not on the database.

You'll be unable to renew your tax on-line. And you'll get stopped by the police when they're out with their cameras that detect "uninsured" vehicles.

Its in you own interests to ensure they you vehicle(s) are on the database as this is the system the Police access if they are following you and looking for a reason to stop you, also, ANPRS system use it so if you go through a checking area you will get stopped.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Its in you own interests to ensure they you vehicle(s) are on the database as this is the system the Police access if they are following you and looking for a reason to stop you, also, ANPRS system use it so if you go through a checking area you will get stopped.

I would imagine fixed ANPR has so many hits for no insurance/No tax/no MOT that very few get stopped that way. With the mobile cameras/police vehicles on patrol you are far far more likely to get stopped. Its not a responsibility to be on that database either, as long as you have insurance thats all that matters - handy to keep a copy with you when driving though - if not you'll be asked to provide details at a local police station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here