Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uni Toilets Changed

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
At my other office, we have unisex toilets and also men and women's. Unisex has advantages it means you don't have to have so many toilets.

You have unisex at home, why not at work.

Probably because at work the 'bathroom' usually has more than one toilet.

Why aren't the women's called 'toilets without urinal' and not just 'toilets'. Surely that's sexist?

At the Millenium Stadium in 2004, I wasted the whole of half-time queueing up for toilets simple labelled as for males. When I finally reached them I discovered the delay was because there were no urinals! Had they been labelled 'toilets without urinal' then I would have had time to seek out people I knew - I only got to share the experience with my brother and nephew, which put a damper on the whole experience.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
WHAT??????

Making it harder for the majority to work out which toilet to use?

I don't mean harder in this specific situation, I meant in general. But my point is there is no need for this, I imagine the general public wouldn't feel comfortable with this, therefore they purely catering to a very small minortiy.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
may i just ask of anyone "in the know"

why does there happen to be so many transgenders in Thailand, that this is a common occurence in schools??

I'm genuinely curious - ( but not in an Alan Partridge Bangkok lady boys way!!)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

why does there happen to be so many transgenders in Thailand, that this is a common occurence in schools??

"Don't find them attractive, it's just confusing...."

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Any reason you are trying to put him down? Do not like the fact his opinion might be different to yours?

Not that it's anything to do with you.. It wasn't because his opinion was different to mine, I respect other people's opinions, it was because he didn't have one. He chose to come on this thread and say 'Oh well, let's all accept this and move on shall we.'

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
May I point out in a professional capacity that it is Manchester University Students Union and not Manchester University.

Ta

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not that it's anything to do with you.. It wasn't because his opinion was different to mine, I respect other people's opinions, it was because he didn't have one. He chose to come on this thread and say 'Oh well, let's all accept this and move on shall we.'

That's how I feel though, it's nothing to worry about.

"The changes are in response to an unspecified number of complaints from trans students who are uncomfortable using the men's toilets"

Well why don't they use the f***ing Ladies then?
I assume that the trans gender people who made the complaint are men who have had a sex change to women, then surely they would be happy to go to toilet in the Ladies?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I like sitting in down in the disabled toilet. More roomy and almost always much cleaner.

Gotta get me one of them radar keys

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

When it appears on a public messageboard it does become something to do with me and all the others on here. Nature of the messageboards.

Are you this rude in real life?

Regarding other peoples opinions you do seem to like to try and rubbish them rather than maybe accept there are points in there. Typical for this board, but still a bit off.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
When it appears on a public messageboard it does become something to do with me and all the others on here. Nature of the messageboards.

Regarding other peoples opinions you do seem to like to try and rubbish them rather than maybe accept there are points in there. Typical for this board, but still a bit off.

The reason I was rude wasn't because you defended somebody, that's fine. What I had a problem with was the way you interfered and aimed it at me. By him saying 'oh well.....' I found that rude, why bother posting that? So I was rude back.

I don't try and rubbish people's opinions, it wasn't an opinion it was an unnecessary comment. Speaking of which, you are in no position to judge, I've seen the way you put down steward433.

No I am not rude in real life, only when faced with rude people first.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The reason I was rude wasn't because you defended somebody, that's fine. What I had a problem with was the way you interfered and aimed it at me. By him saying 'oh well.....' I found that rude, why bother posting that? So I was rude back.

I don't try and rubbish people's opinions, it wasn't an opinion it was an unnecessary comment. Speaking of which, you are in no position to judge, I've seen the way you put down steward433.

No I am not rude in real life, only when faced with rude people first.

That is super.

Have you considered Brightonfans?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Anyway this is getting a bit silly and blown hughely out of proporion, so personally I am leaving it there.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Because being a transgender or ladyboy is a very accepted way of life in Thailand. There is very little stigma attached to it.

fragglegull

Jun 3, 2008
I like sitting in down in the disabled toilet. More roomy and almost always much cleaner.

Gotta get me one of them radar keys

And theres nearly always a nice flat surface that hasnt been coverred in pebbles or some sort of greasy wd40 type stuff to prepare and snort a big fat line of whatever takes your fancy...

Yay for handicap toilets :) :clap2:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton

Why dont you make an opinion on the topic not on her all the time.

:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here