Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Undersoil heating

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
No doubt silly question, no doubt I'll get slaughtered and probably been asked... does Amex/Falmer have undersoil heating?

To save you the shame in the future, there is a site called Google (other sites are available) and if you stick the basics of your query in you get lots of places to look, but none of the sarcasm or humiliation. I just did it to check it worked and it did!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wembley now is part synthetic, like many modern stadia (as explained in Icy Gull's first post). You will notice that, for the first time, there were no pitch problems during the last set of games on the pitch. This was due to the 'new' pitch. Of course, they could have laid a part-synthetic pitch in the first place and saved millions - but that would have been far too sensible.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bless Hercules, you are just the sort of person that probably stops another thousand people posting. Your sarcasm is immense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bless Hercules, you are just the sort of person that probably stops another thousand people posting. Your sarcasm is immense.

Your question was reasonable as have been most of the responses. People are too easily put off NSC, as long as you give as good as you get, which you seem quite capable of, you'll be fine.

If you look at the webcam, it looks like they've already started!!

The trench being excavated at the moment is for the pitch filter drainage system. It's basically a trench containing a slotted pipe filled with gravel to soak away any rainwater.

I'll try and post a pic up later.

The under-soil heating will be installed in the New Year when the pitch contractor takes possession of the area.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trouble with football these days is the surrounding areas that lead to matches being called off rather than the pitch itself

This is a very valid point.
The pitch could be absolutely fine, but if the 'elf n safety brigade think theres a danger that someone *might* slip over on their way to the game, or get cold hands, then it'll be called off anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is a very valid point.
The pitch could be absolutely fine, but if the 'elf n safety brigade think theres a danger that someone *might* slip over on their way to the game, or get cold hands, then it'll be called off anyway.

There's a railway line and a several-lane trunk road right next to the ground, not to mention some bulls a couple of fields away, and there might be a tractor nearby too. And the height of that West Stand...

We've got NO CHANCE of H&S letting us play our matches.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just seen a new image on Countdown2falmer by natterjack, shows a channel being dug into the pitch, would this be for the heating?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Actually just seen natterjacks comment above, so that's that explained.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I believe we're having some pretty little rose bushes instead of corner flags.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
The trench being excavated at the moment is for the pitch filter drainage system. It's basically a trench containing a slotted pipe filled with gravel to soak away any rainwater.

I'll try and post a pic up later.

The under-soil heating will be installed in the New Year when the pitch contractor takes possession of the area.

someone mentioned the pitch or undersoil heating ( not sure which) was coming in from Germany - is that right ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here