Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undercooked?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Ok, so we've won our friendlies, mostly at a canter, but am I the only one who fees we're not quite ready for the season to start?

Lots of players who might be short of match practice - and new signings still coming in.

I feel we are one friendly (against strong opposition) short.

Hope I'm wrong.

Feel free to bounce this at 5pm on Saturday when we romp to a win at Goodison. o_O

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ok, so we've won our friendlies, mostly at a canter, but am I the only one who fees we're not quite ready for the season to start?

Lots of players who might be short of match practice - and new signings still coming in.

Hope I'm wrong.

Feel free to bounce this at 5pm on Saturday when we romp to a win at Goodison. o_O
I agree, for sure.

I currently make Everton pretty strong favourites.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024

Hope I'm wrong.

No, I think most squads are in the same position, and some worse than others. Main problem for most is not fitness but finding a settled team with the various new arrivals. For this reason I think Liverpool may be off to a flyer (having signed no new players).

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think virtually all clubs feel the same at this stage. Lots of new signings, some more in and outgoings to come and players only just back from the world cup. I suspect most clubs just want to pick up as many points as they can from the first 3 games and then get ready for a big push after the international break and the end of the transfer window.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now that someone's slotted home the obvious joke, Everton's preparation doesn't seem very different to ours, with the exception of less travelling. They played Salford and Coventry while we were in Japan and, in the last two weeks, beat Preston and drew with Roma.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Screenshot_20240813-161735~2.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty much every damn poster on NSC has, er, posted the exact same thing recently; we're hot shit going forward, and pathetically vulnerable to a counter attack. Would be nice to think that glaring flaw was addressed before Everton away. Else we'll be well and truly Dyched

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Now that someone's slotted home the obvious joke, Everton's preparation doesn't seem very different to ours, with the exception of less travelling. They played Salford and Coventry while we were in Japan and, in the last two weeks, beat Preston and drew with Roma.
Isn’t that because they can’t afford it? They need to spend less money not more on fancy Japanese hotels

Not Spanish Dave

Feb 23, 2013

Hope I'm wrong.

No, you're just a pessimist.............

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Evertons last pre-season game was at home to Roma. Near capacity 31,324 turned up! Was it free or something?
But yes, I think we need a midweek BCD game to get it together. Are Liverpool free Wednesday?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, I think most squads are in the same position, and some worse than others. Main problem for most is not fitness but finding a settled team with the various new arrivals. For this reason I think Liverpool may be off to a flyer (having signed no new players).
Just one small fly in that ointment.

A similar fly to the one in our ointment.

New manager.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hurzeler OUT

Barber OUT

Bloom OUT

Friendlies OUT

Everton OUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here