Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Underage drinking, and betting

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
As i am a 17 year old, i went to The Galpharm Stadium on saturday, and was served alcohol and was allowed to bet. My question to you very informative people is, could i get them closed down or would i get fined?

Lander said:
As i am a 17 year old, i went to The Galpharm Stadium on saturday, and was served alcohol and was allowed to bet. My question to you very informative people is, could i get them closed down or would i get fined?
Would the authorities pay any attention to a complaint from a drunken loser?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Was just curious, and also, i wasnt planning on shutting them down, more like a few shops that can't really be named for some legal reasons.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Re: Re: Underage drinking, and betting

Lord Bracknell said:
Would the authorities pay any attention to a complaint from a drunken loser?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Loser???

I won the bet too:lolol: :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lander said:
Was just curious, and also, i wasnt planning on shutting them down, more like a few shops that can't really be named for some legal reasons.

Why would you want to shut anywhere like that down?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You could shut em down but you'd probably also spend some time in an institution for having an addiction at such an early age! :lol:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Hiney said:
In dim and distant days gone by, when I was 17, the existence of an establishment that would serve me alcohol was information to be cherished and protected, not broadcast to the World!

:lolol: :lolol:

Exactly!

Lander, you MUPPET!

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
When we all go there next season & they've increased the age limits to 21 because this incident has been broadcast on the www I'll come & thank you myself.

What a dumbass:dunce: :p

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
:lolol: was just something i was thinking about, not really going to shut anyone down, would be my fault for trying :lolol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
you probably could dan, but your may get in trouble aswell and they would just get a fine and the person who served you would be sacked. but not the whole stadium

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lander said:

Not sure about the laws on betting but under the Licensing Act of 2003 You can be fined a maximum £5000 the person who sold you the beer the same and the Licence Holder £20,000. To be in possession of and drinking an alcoholic drink under 18 is now sufficent evidence that you or somebody else bought it for you. The police do not have to prove who bought it.

The police may close a bar for 24 hours but must give a reason for the closure within 72 hours, I think it is, which means that they could close a pub on Friday evening but must give a reason by the same time on Monday which allows the local authority to make decision on its closure.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Lander said:

Allot depends on the position of the moon when you purchased the offending alcohol and made the bet.

If it was in it's third phase then most certainly you are accountable for your actions and I believe the death penalty is still in place ooop noooorth. Unlucky.

However if it had moved into it's fourth phase, then Huddersfield are entirely to blame and I suggest contacting your local MP about the matter.

Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here