Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess he still needs to shed some of the summer kebab flab?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He should be given game time, never going to see if he can cut it if he isn't playing.

Which suggests he's not showing it in training. If he's not showing it in training, why risk it in a game unless you are 3-0 at home to Forrest and cruising with 15 mins to go.

It's RDZs second game in charge FFS, give them both a break.

Welbeck, Trossard and Gross being good this season might be the explanation here so early October probs not the time to say anything definitive

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Which suggests he's not showing it in training. If he's not showing it in training, why risk it in a game unless you are 3-0 at home to Forrest and cruising with 15 mins to go.

It's RDZs second game in charge FFS, give them both a break.

It’s just not going to happen unfortunately, he’ll be a bit part player. He may get the odd 5/10 minutes and play in the cup but it’s clear he’s nowhere near what we need up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s just not going to happen unfortunately, he’ll be a bit part player. He may get the odd 5/10 minutes and play in the cup but it’s clear he’s nowhere near what we need up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some players are great in training and struggle o.n match days, others 5he opposite.

He needs to be given a chance before any sort of judgement can be made IMO

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I got pelters from some on here when I said earlier on in the season that it was clear Potter didn't rate him - too soon etc. It's clear RDZ doesn't rate him either I would have said, as stated he surely would have been thrown on last night if there was much confidence in him.

It's a bit of a worry to say the least - Welbeck has been great and I hope his torrid injury record is behind him, but he's still yet to get off the mark in terms of goals. Yet again another centre forward option would be brilliant but it's an option we don't have.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I got pelters from some on here when I said earlier on in the season that it was clear Potter didn't rate him - too soon etc. It's clear RDZ doesn't rate him either I would have said, as stated he surely would have been thrown on last night if there was much confidence in him.

It's a bit of a worry to say the least - Welbeck has been great and I hope his torrid injury record is behind him, but he's still yet to get off the mark in terms of goals. Yet again another centre forward option would be brilliant but it's an option we don't have.

Fergusson?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lot of pressure on a 17 year old to be our second striker. Our inability to find anyone suitable for transfer window after transfer window is baffling given how good our recruitment is in general.

Agreed. And took the easy way out by bringing someone in from your sister club , but a player I doubt anyone else was interested in

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Careful! I suggested something similar the other day, and was well and truly taken to task by a certain poster!

Not quite . You , to be fair , wondered why he hasn’t been a sub (he has), wondered why he hasn’t had some gametime (he has), and then wasn’t sure if he’s scored against Forest Green Rovers (he had).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Agreed. And took the easy way out by bringing someone in from your sister club , but a player I doubt anyone else was interested in

To be fair I don’t mind taking a relatively cheap punt (for a striker anyway) on someone who has scored 30 odd goals in a season in a top division. There were other sides interested from memory (although not PL ones). As it turns out he doesn’t look up to the pace of the PL. Win some and lose some.

He shouldn’t have been the sum of our striker recruitment this summer in particular though given how much money we had through the door.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

I think it is too early to say what RdZ thinks.
He's had two games, and basically has tried to do the continuity thing (after all we were 4th and drew with Liverpool)

There will be changes over the next few weeks and months. We will see if Undav fits into the plan or not. Maybe there is still a bit of work for him to do to fit in to the team, but I would not write him off just yet.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be fair I don’t mind taking a relatively cheap punt (for a striker anyway) on someone who has scored 30 odd goals in a season in a top division. There were other sides interested from memory (although not PL ones). As it turns out he doesn’t look up to the pace of the PL. Win some and lose some.

He shouldn’t have been the sum of our striker recruitment this summer in particular though given how much money we had through the door.
All these cheap punts add up to what could of been a decent signing. Undav was a way of getting money into Union why would Potter every request a slow lump of a CF? 100% a Bloom signing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think it is too early to say what RdZ thinks.
He's had two games, and basically has tried to do the continuity thing (after all we were 4th and drew with Liverpool)

There will be changes over the next few weeks and months. We will see if Undav fits into the plan or not. Maybe there is still a bit of work for him to do to fit in to the team, but I would not write him off just yet.

This.

Amazing how many posters have written off Undav before he's hardly kicked a ball in the UK. Yes Mitoma has slotted in but how many other players did Potter slowly get into the team once they'd got with how he plays, If they didn't naturally fit to his team tattics?

He may or may not adapt.

I think the Jan transfer window will tell us a lot. I'm sure the club and RDZ will be looking at other strikers, will TB go for another striker? Would show that RDZ doesn't think Undav is up to it after seeing him for a few months.

Can see TB showing confidence in the quality of RDZ and breaking our transfer record to get the right player if so.

Either way, I think it's too early in the Undav/De Zerbi relationship to call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here