Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
8-10 for Cars. Disney back to their best with this one.
8-10 Over the Hedge. That hamster character had me pissing myself laughing as it was just so daft.
6-10 MI3. was ok for what it was
4-10 X-men3 not the best film in the world but that is not really surprising.
Last Drop 8-10 quite enjoyed this film. Was expecting a vintage war film as had not heard about it before but it was more like a robbers film based during the war. Entertaining enough apart from the very wooden acting by David Ginola:eek: :eek: :eek: That is my lot for this week

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw Adrift this afternoon. I was the only one who thought it was goodish 5.8. The other 4 varying from average to poor and the cinema was muted with someone at the end credits pronouncing it " crap ". Its only got 4.5 on imdb and the reviews have been poor to very poor. Its about a gropu of 20 somethings going for a trip on a Yacht, the all go swimming and someone forgot to put the ladder down and its an hour of trying to get aboard with 3 people dying in the process.

Was going to see You, me and dupree and that may have been a better choice for the people who went to see it.

The preview for World Trade Centre were very very powerful. I will go and see that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:
Saw Adrift this afternoon. I was the only one who thought it was goodish 5.8. The other 4 varying from average to poor and the cinema was muted with someone at the end credits pronouncing it " crap ". Its only got 4.5 on imdb and the reviews have been poor to very poor. Its about a gropu of 20 somethings going for a trip on a Yacht, the all go swimming and someone forgot to put the ladder down and its an hour of trying to get aboard with 3 people dying in the process.

Was going to see You, me and dupree and that may have been a better choice for the people who went to see it.

The preview for World Trade Centre were very very powerful. I will go and see that.

Is adrift worth going to see, might see it tomorrow

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched Green Street the other night.
Didn't have high hopes for it, but I was pleasantly surpised. Lots and lots of rude words and people being nasty to each other. I was confused when Frodo turned up at a West Ham v Birmingham match, but it all fell into place soon enough.
Enjoyable.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought it was ok and an interesting concept but I think I was in the minority, then again I am quite easily pleased. There's feck all on at the moment. World Trade Centre looks powerful and although I am uneasy about " coming to a cinema near you the day New York lost its heart and soul " by all accounts Stone and Greengrass Flight 93 have made powerful , thought provoking films in a controlled and balanced way and both films have had very good critical and public reviews.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have been a nineties man tonight and brought a girly film to watch " Failure to Launch " to keep the boss happy as I was out most of yesterday and there's a North wind blowing. I will report later.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have been a nineties man tonight and brought a girly film to watch " Failure to Launch " to keep the boss happy as I was out most of yesterday and there's a North wind blowing. I will report later.

I thought that was quite good!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Easy 10 said:
I watched Green Street the other night.
Didn't have high hopes for it, but I was pleasantly surpised. Lots and lots of rude words and people being nasty to each other. I was confused when Frodo turned up at a West Ham v Birmingham match, but it all fell into place soon enough.
Enjoyable.

Was that the fight with the Birmingham lads after clearly watching West Ham V's QPR :dunce: Tell the bloody yanks were involved with that film and did not do their homework properly:lolol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The missus got some free tickets to see an advance screening of Little Miss Sunshine the other day. I wasn't expecting much but it was free and I ended up pleasantly suprised. It's a low budget film about a dysfunctional family travelling across the U.S. in a clapped out camper van. I'd give it 8.2.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can someone explain the appeal of this very average film now no 4 in the all time

1. Titanic (1997) $1,835,300,000
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) $1,129,219,252
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) $968,657,891
*****4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) $962,244,616*****
5. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) $922,379,000
6. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) $921,600,000
7. Jurassic Park (1993) $919,700,000
8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) $892,194,397
9. Shrek 2 (2004) $880,871,036
10. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) $866,300,000
e box office with nearly 1 billion dollars ???

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Was fortunate enough to watch "City Of God" last night. Absolutley amazing film based on a true story about Rio De Janirio Gangs. Over 2 hours long and all in subtitles but even that didnt detract from the film.

9/10. :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Anyone else seen this film? If not, its well worth renting or even buying.

By the lack of replies I am guessing no bud:p

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
I wasnt talking to you when I said go out and buy it - you're getting as part of your Birthday present!!

would not be the first time thst everyone had seen my pressie before I did:angry: :angry: :angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Yeah but last time it was whore, course evreyone had seen it!

I will tell Jenkins that you are calling her a whore next time I see her as she borrowed T3 from memory:p :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here