The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
44_0.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In the words of Homer Simpson: "Beer, the cause of,and answer to,all of lifes problems"

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Shitters GG, I hope you swiftly get back on top of things my man. I always find the best thing to do is make as many positive moves as possible. Go and visit some friends, start an evening class in something you have always wanted to do, take up exercise (or more vigourously) etc... Not solutions to your problems but will certainly help you on your way and you might meet some new and interesting people.

I also suggest a Spielberg marathon devoted to only his best films.

Jaws, Raiders, Temple, Colour Purple, Empire of the Sun, Last Crusade, Schindlers, Saving Private Ryan and Minority Report.

larus

Life can be a real bitch. It's bad enough when work/money ain't good, but then add emotional upset and it makes everything more difficult.

It may seem corney, but time is a healer. At this moment, I know you'll feel like shit, but try to do things which are positive and not negative. As bahExpress says, don't drown your sorrows. Exercise as this makes you feel better about yourself.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I also suggest a Spielberg marathon devoted to only his best films.
Are you trying to finish him off?

What I'd suggest is to try and get off with as many women as possible. Actually, I'd suggest that to anyone. Even to women.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I were 20 years older and found myself single, I think I'd just buy a cute new wife, from Thailand or somewhere. Beautiful, graceful women, probably be good at cooking and stuff too.

I'd treat her really well, too, and she'd soon grow to love me.

I suggest this, Gareth.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have hijacked this thread as I cannot do a new one for some reason.

Guys I am very low I have been dumped by my beautiful partner for 3 years in a brutal fashion. Anyone been in my boat.
Yes I have been there and I guess we all have. The passage of time DOES help, but at the moment you've just got to get through each day. Some little coping stategies that might help: try doing things differently, even if it's something mundane like going home from work a different way or ordering something strange next time you have a curry or a takeaway. Anything to break you away a bit from your previous routines as you're now not so much doing things on your own but doing them without your girlfriend. There's a big difference.

Eventually you WILL me someone else. Yes I know no one compares to your ex, but trust me, they will one day.

All the best, you deserve better than this.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If I were 20 years older and found myself single, I think I'd just buy a cute new wife, from Thailand or somewhere. Beautiful, graceful women, probably be good at cooking and stuff too.

I'd treat her really well, too, and she'd soon grow to love me.

I suggest this, Gareth.

:eek:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont let the bastards grind you down . Keep the faith , US.

Its very hard when you love someone so much to be told they do not love you and have no feeling anymore. Anyone been there ?. What did you do to get out of the hole of depression ?.

Avoid any contact with this person now, and distract yourself with loads of other things to do. If you come across each other by accident, be distant and pre-occupied and make the encounter as brief as possible ("Hello I must be going" I think would be the appropriate album title!).
If you pick up the phone and it's her, you are just too busy and "will call her back at some point" (but don't sweat it to do that, at all).
Don't talk about her, don't play your old "that was OUR song" or anything that lyrically pertains to your situation (most songs are about loss of love, ffs)

I don't care if these are 'games' to some people, but you need to take the steps back and retain your own self esteem and self-belonging, before you can see a person who has withdrawn esteem for you in the light of a right perspective. You cannot allow any dependence on this person or be affected by anything they can say, so gather your own self to yourself and bolster your self-regard, for the long run.
Love? Don't revel in a one-way 'love' for her....because that's not healthy.
If you love this person at all you will wish her luck and allow her to take time and space away from your relationship as she has obviously decided - and start consigning your once-wonderful affair to a pleasant place...in the past.

Then start about thinking about your own worthwhile and unique qualities, hang with good pals, and consider the wonderfulness of FOOTBALL :love:
:goal: :yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here