Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Uncle Spielberg' DEAD - please post your thoughts

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Typical.

Some people cannot spell as well or aren't as gramtically correct as others. If people have a valid point and something is merely spelt incorrectly they are picked on for it. (Only because there's no other comeback and generally all people want to do is show how intellectually supieror they are.) It gets quite boring after a while.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Elder - you have a dreadful misuse of brackets in this post.

They are by nature, supposed to define an aside or added thought within the context of a sentance that can be read with or without the insert within brackets.

Therefore you should not have created a whole new sentance between the full stop and the capital letter representing the beginning of a new sentance.

This is not only misleading and annoying - it gets quite boring having to continually correct the punctuation and grammar of those intelluctually inferior to some of the other posters on the board.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Typical.

Some people cannot spell as well or aren't as gramtically correct as others. If people have a valid point and something is merely spelt incorrectly they are picked on for it. (Only because there's no other comeback and generally all people want to do is show how intellectually supieror they are.) It gets quite boring after a while.

Well Said.

By The Way, It's Spelt "Grammatically" and "Superior".

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

They are by nature, supposed to define an aside or added thought within the context of a sentance that can be read with or without the insert within brackets.

Therefore you should not have created a whole new sentance between the full stop and the capital letter representing the beginning of a new sentance.

This is not only misleading and annoying - it gets quite boring having to continually correct the punctuation and grammar of those intelluctually inferior to some of the other posters on the board.

Well don't do it then.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner

*Cough* "Intellectually", "Sentence" And Don't Get Me Started On Your Punctuation. Your Commas Are Criminally Misplaced.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

you used sentence twice

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
"Right".

In Fact, Your Sentence Structure Is Apalling. There Is No Comma Before "But". Type Slower And You'll Get There.

Actually you don't need to use a comma after 'but.'

...The fact that you give every word a capital letter is also terrible.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Actually you don't need to use a comma after 'but.'

...The fact that you give every word a capital letter is also terrible.

I Am Correct. There Is No Need For A Comma Before But. It's A Conjunction. Please Don't Attempt To Start An Argument With Me On Grammar. You Will Lose.

My Writing Style Suits Me And Is Not Grammatically Wrong. Tough Luck If You Have A Problem With It.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I Am Correct. There Is No Need For A Comma Before But. It's A Conjunction. Please Don't Attempt To Start An Argument With Me On Grammar. You Will Lose.

My Writing Style Suits Me And Is Not Grammatically Wrong. Tough Luck If You Have A Problem With It.

Firstly, yes you do put a comma before a coordinator.
Secondly, I didn't want to argue with you in the first place, I stated my point and everyone decided to start the argument with me, you chose to get involved.
Lastly, I don't have a problem with it at all. People can write in whatever style they wish, that's my point. It just annoys me when everyone always picks up on what people aren't good at.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
A eulogy to Uncle Spielberg;

As a Financial Advisor Uncle Spielberg always gave 100% to
his work. 12% Monday; 23% Tuesday;
40% Wednesday; 20% Thursday; 5% Friday:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here