Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg/1066 Double Act

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is a conditon called " self sabotaging " when the sufferer will deliberately do everything to self sabotage themselves and aids threads tell me he is a sufferer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is a conditon called " self sabotaging " when the sufferer will deliberately do everything to self sabotage themselves and aids threads tell me he is a sufferer.
I find this show of senstivity quite mawkish when you consider your intolerant stance towards people with more need for your support than this complete plum. Single mothers are the scum of the earth according to you, yet you can't do enough for a tedious prick who writes about paying for sex with a crack whore on a football website.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Is this "self-sabotaging" the same condition as chronic attention seeking? Also known as "determined to make an arse of oneself, come what may"?

Only I don't disagree that 1066 has ishoos but sometimes, a little bit of reality may help jolt the self-awareness a tad.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I find this show of senstivity quite mawkish when you consider your intolerant stance towards people with more need for your support than this complete plum. Single mothers are the scum of the earth according to you, yet you can't do enough for a tedious prick who writes about paying for sex with a crack whore on a football website.

If you can find the post that a said " single mum are the scum of the earth " and I will donate £ 100 to the REMF. Infact I find that very insulting as my 2 long term relationships were with single mums who I loved very much and and their kids were great.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you can find the post that a said " single mum are the scum of the earth " and I will donate £ 100 to the REMF. Infact I find that very insulting as my 2 long term relationships were with single mums who I loved very much and and their kids were great.
OK, not necessarily single mums, but the sort of people who live off benefits you mention here:

North Stand Chat - View Single Post - labour only 2 points behind in polls

The point is that you expect these people who have made living off benefits a "lifestyle choice" to change their ways by themselves, yet 1066 is someone who has been afforded enough trappings in his young life yet chooses to act like a moron - and you bend over backwards for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OK, not necessarily single mums, but the sort of people who live off benefits you mention here:

The point is that you expect these people who have made living off benefits a "lifestyle choice" to change their ways by themselves, yet 1066 is someone who has been afforded enough trappings in his young life yet chooses to act like a moron - and you bend over backwards for him.

I totally support single mums but do not believe in the single mum being a " career option " opted by some teenagers. That is what I object to. Both the single mums I were with infact did not sponge off the state but bust their arses working often 2 jobs and running the house and looking after the kids as they had pride and self respect even though they were financially worse off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I don't know him. I have met him once. I just don't get the salivating glee of some people on NSC when they see an opportunity to slag him off ( again ).

Dandyman

In London village.
I do worry about someone in a fragile frame of mind having to put up with these sort of comments. Is there really any need ?.

Quite right. EVERYONE stop picking on Gavin.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe but we are talking about aid.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Aids/1066/whoever has my sympathies. It is difficult to post on this topic without seeming condescending or bullying; but I’ll try.

I encountered him on NSC years ago when he slagged me off on a non football related thread; for not knowing something he did. I thought at the time it was an overreaction; but, hey ho, nobody died!

Being the father of someone with mental health problems I know the dangers of people letting rip with their feelings on the Internet. It can expose one to all sorts of responses often sent as knee jerks without (to be fair to the respondees) a realisation how replies will be perceived by the original poster. Sometimes its almost as thought the original poster is looking for a slagging off. I do wonder whether Bozza felt something similar by closing down the ‘I got ripped off by a prozzy’ thread.

I don’t know whether this is attention seeking, public expression of low self esteem, or what. But I think he is obviously vulnerable; whether he recognises this or not.

Bollocks to free speech, let’s be paternalistic for once. For his own good I genuinely think Bozza ought to block him for a while.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove

And I bet he ends up on "The Sick". In fact I would not be surprised if he has already been signed off by his doctor as he quite clearly isn't a fully functional member of society although to give him credit he does seem to want to work it's just this "Self Sabotaging" trait he has that will become an integral part of his character unless he gets a grip.

If anyone can find that picture though of whoever it was taking their own photo in front of the mirror it would be amusing.

I do hope that he does see that he is his own worst enemy though & prove to all that he has a strong side to him that can overcome the self doubt & fear he seems to be carrying. And offering people out isn't clever because it erodes any sympathy anyone would have had for him.

1066gull

Would like to thank everyone who has supported me over the years. And anyone else ging though a tough time, things DO get easier

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Adrie , good to have you back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here