Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] un-listing season ticket and the mad cost of upgrades

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Not long ago club penalised ST holders if they missed I think more than 5/6 games. They dont now because they delighted if you dont attend as ticket on exchange is then sold at match day price.and club make a further £20/30.
Last season my son came round 3 hours before Arsenal game and said problem at work and unable to go. At time had just had op on leg and was unable to drive so persuaded my wife to come. Cost my son about £30 to give his seat to his mother. I suppose have to be thankfull STravel did not charge more for my wife using my sons bus ticket.
Things will never change all time all tickets sell. Although I do think there would be far less empty seats if club increased number of games able to pass ticket on from 1 to 3/4
I emailed them about this as I was worried about missing to many games ( going through Chemo and 120 miles is to far until late oct) they told me I must attend at least 5 games to renew next season.

the only one that has not sold so far was Man U.......cant wait to get back for the Wolves game...

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Have to say, I've never understood why folks don't list their tickets when they can't go. I mean, the sum refunded if the ticket sells is not inconsiderable (£20+). Maybe it's a lack of awareness of how the exchange works? Lack of online savvy perhaps? I've missed the last two home games, Ipswich and Forest (through illness and holiday respectively) and both lisred tickets sold, despite the opposition not being maybe the most attractive out there. It all seems a bit hard to fathom
I think it helps if you list two together

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Well I do agree with the club's stance because there are plenty of albion+ members who have paid for the right to be ahead of the queue to some random person who just happens to be a mate of a STH. It's not dissimilar to the system that is designed to prevent away tickets being passed on to those not in the relevant tier.

And for the record, I'm a season ticket holder.

I'm guessing you're one of those that thinks that you paid for the season ticket so it's up to you who uses it, regardless of whether they are an Albion+ member or not, or in other words, your mates can jump the queue.

It's not an awkward system, it just seems those that used to hand their season ticket card to anyone resent the fact they can't do that anymore.
These days by passsing a ticket on, nobody including members are deprived of a ticket because there are tickets available on exchange for every game. Appreciate you agree with clubs stance but I whilst I do not have a list of scroungers waiting for a freebie I have several contacts and relatives who either could never justify the cost of a ticket or for health / age reasons unable to attend on own. These are the people I would like to be able to treat like I used to. I just think present system is to harsh and if club increased no of times tickets can be passed on from 1 to 3/4 would be a good compromise and also think there would be far less empty seats.
Away from football over years either my wife or me have purchased 2 tickets for Tennis including Wimbledon ,Cricket Test Matches, Rugby internationals, Gigs and the Theatre. At the time of purchase were never sure who would take 2nd ticket.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Of the handful of times I’ve put my season ticket in the exchange it’s only sold twice. For the kids tickets it’s not worth the bother for the small amount you get back.

As for someone paying for membership and the STH paying to transfer you can buy a brand new unlocked mobile from Argus for about the same cost as that. Just get that, put the ticket(s) on it and pass that phone around as needed. No SIM card needed, just as long as it can get on wifi occasionally so the wallet can update.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Of the handful of times I’ve put my season ticket in the exchange it’s only sold twice. For the kids tickets it’s not worth the bother for the small amount you get back.

As for someone paying for membership and the STH paying to transfer you can buy a brand new unlocked mobile from Argus for about the same cost as that. Just get that, put the ticket(s) on it and pass that phone around as needed. No SIM card needed, just as long as it can get on wifi occasionally so the wallet can update.
Sounds like a ten match ban for no actual reason 😂

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Listed ours about 10 times since they introduced the option and prob sold on about 8 of the occasions. Got c. £46 back per ticket for the Forest game when on holiday, paid for lunch and drinks in a bar watching it !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From the perspective of someone who (used to) buy matchday tickets for a few games a season, I appreciate it is probably way easier than it felt, but to be honest it started feeling like a right effort, so I don’t bother anymore.

For starters, I had to maintain Memberships for myself and my kids just to have the option of buying tickets. Then when there was a game we fancied attending, the search for ‘3 together’ would commence which, although not exactly niche, isn’t always as easy as it sounds. So more often than not I’d log out without buying, then I’d watch the highlights of the match in question and see rows and rows of empty blue seats.

So I let the Memberships lapse and we do other stuff instead now.

Appreciate it’s probably easier now etc

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I emailed them about this as I was worried about missing to many games ( going through Chemo and 120 miles is to far until late oct) they told me I must attend at least 5 games to renew next season.

the only one that has not sold so far was Man U.......cant wait to get back for the Wolves game...
I might have expected a little more flexibility from the club in your situation. I know five games isn't much in normal circumstances but.......best wishes for your treatment.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Well I do agree with the club's stance because there are plenty of albion+ members who have paid for the right to be ahead of the queue to some random person who just happens to be a mate of a STH. It's not dissimilar to the system that is designed to prevent away tickets being passed on to those not in the relevant tier.

And for the record, I'm a season ticket holder.
And I appreciate your right to that opinion (we’re both ST holders after all), but I disagree with it for the reasons mentioned and you’ve said nothing at this juncture to change my mind.

So we’ll amicably agree to disagree.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Upgraded the other weekend for N Forrest, no issue. Persons i upgraded the seat for had fan number, as we'd set up all the gubbins needed before hand, but was not a Albion plus member. This week went to upgrade kids tickets (boys With their mum) and it wouldn't let me as the person i was upgrading to didn't have an albion plus membership. Apparently, for the bigger games that don't go on GENERAL SALE I cant upgrade for anyone without an Albion plus membership. What i can do is leave my kids seats EMPTY, or resell them and buy 2x guest tickets???!!!???!! WTF??? Makes no sense

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I must admit to not paying much attention to the exchange as to whether listed tickets generally sell or do not sell. I know that it only opens when the club have sold all their own spare tickets meaning that any listed on there must be a season ticket holder not going. So with that in mind i was intrigued enough to have a look at the exchange for the Spurs match this sunday and was slightly surprised to see tickets available for virtually every block in the ground and a grand total of...........
846 !
So it may be the case that some of those empty seats we see are not just people not attending and not listing but listed seats remaining unsold?
Yesterday at 2pm i posted this expressing a bit of my surprise at how many tickets (846) were available on the exchange for the match on sunday.
So i thought i might follow up and look again this evening to see if we had sold many of them only to find that however many we had sold was outweighed by more people listing, as the total available to buy is now 1150.
Even allowing that some maybe will still go if their listed tickets do not sell that will surely be balanced or overtaken by others who do not attend having not listed so i would expect to see plenty of empty seats on the day.
What do we think, Weather, Television, combination of both or something else?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yesterday at 2pm i posted this expressing a bit of my surprise at how many tickets (846) were available on the exchange for the match on sunday.
So i thought i might follow up and look again this evening to see if we had sold many of them only to find that however many we had sold was outweighed by more people listing, as the total available to buy is now 1150.
Even allowing that some maybe will still go if their listed tickets do not sell that will surely be balanced or overtaken by others who do not attend having not listed so i would expect to see plenty of empty seats on the day.
What do we think, Weather, Television, combination of both or something else?

Expecting a leaky defence defeat.
Live on TV.

It isn’t the time …. empty seats were all around us in the NS, also ESL and WSL for Ipswich and Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here