Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] un-listing season ticket and the mad cost of upgrades

Aug 1, 2006
Sorry if this is an old one but if you have put your ticket on the exchange, can you take it down again?

Also while I'm on it, has anyone noticed that if my brother wants to allocate his ticket to one of my friends then that costs him £5 and he gets £30 back from friend which is about what he would get on ticket exchange. If he wants to upgrade his son's U16 ticket, to allocate this to my fiend's 22yr old son, well that will cost £40 for the upgrade £5 to allocate and will want to match what he gets back from exchange if he sells it so another £10. So one ticket £30, second £55. these are both adult tickets, they should be the same cost. Looks like profiteering from the club or a very poorly set up system.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is that reason because STH don't list their tickets when they can't go?
Have to say, I've never understood why folks don't list their tickets when they can't go. I mean, the sum refunded if the ticket sells is not inconsiderable (£20+). Maybe it's a lack of awareness of how the exchange works? Lack of online savvy perhaps? I've missed the last two home games, Ipswich and Forest (through illness and holiday respectively) and both lisred tickets sold, despite the opposition not being maybe the most attractive out there. It all seems a bit hard to fathom

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry if this is an old one but if you have put your ticket on the exchange, can you take it down again?

Also while I'm on it, has anyone noticed that if my brother wants to allocate his ticket to one of my friends then that costs him £5 and he gets £30 back from friend which is about what he would get on ticket exchange. If he wants to upgrade his son's U16 ticket, to allocate this to my fiend's 22yr old son, well that will cost £40 for the upgrade £5 to allocate and will want to match what he gets back from exchange if he sells it so another £10. So one ticket £30, second £55. these are both adult tickets, they should be the same cost. Looks like profiteering from the club or a very poorly set up system.
Get the timing right, list your tickets, and let your mate know. He buys the tickets, and you get the refund. No cost involved.

When you list your ticket, you’ll notice a little tick box. If you change your mind, untick the tick box, and your ticket is valid again, for you to use.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Get the timing right, list your tickets, and let your mate know. He buys the tickets, and you get the refund. No cost involved.

When you list your ticket, you’ll notice a little tick box. If you change your mind, untick the tick box, and your ticket is valid again, for you to use.
Presumably its even easier if the mate is one the F&F list then the ticket can then be purchased for him by the STH so all that's needed is a transfer of funds - although there is a difference between refund and ticket price which , for a big club, could be £20-£30+ higher

Edit: For example if I listed my Man City NS ticket I would get £28.19 refunded, the person who buys it would pay £48, and that is the cheapest adult ticket so the difference elsewhere would be higher

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More first world problems.

<sigh>

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to say, I've never understood why folks don't list their tickets when they can't go. I mean, the sum refunded if the ticket sells is not inconsiderable (£20+). Maybe it's a lack of awareness of how the exchange works? Lack of online savvy perhaps? I've missed the last two home games, Ipswich and Forest (through illness and holiday respectively) and both lisred tickets sold, despite the opposition not being maybe the most attractive out there. It all seems a bit hard to fathom

Apathy (another bit of life's admin).
Many Albion fans are okay for money, seeing the ST outlay as a sunk cost. Not bothered one bit that a seat or two lie there empty.
Last minute decisions not to go.

[I relist ours].

Aug 1, 2006

This doesn't really make sense from my post. My brohter lists his U16 ticket, he gets £5 back and my friend buys it for £57 - whereas he allocates his adult one to my friend and going by money values lised here and £5 to allocate, my friend needs to pay him just under £34. No timing issue there, just wierd pricing anomoly effecively making the U16 seat useless if you can't go.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Apathy (another bit of life's admin).
Many Albion fans are okay for money, seeing the ST outlay as a sunk cost. Not bothered one bit that a seat or two lie there empty.
Last minute decisions not to go.

[I relist ours].
I must admit to not paying much attention to the exchange as to whether listed tickets generally sell or do not sell. I know that it only opens when the club have sold all their own spare tickets meaning that any listed on there must be a season ticket holder not going. So with that in mind i was intrigued enough to have a look at the exchange for the Spurs match this sunday and was slightly surprised to see tickets available for virtually every block in the ground and a grand total of...........
846 !
So it may be the case that some of those empty seats we see are not just people not attending and not listing but listed seats remaining unsold?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Is that reason because STH don't list their tickets when they can't go?
I’d imagine one. The need for a friend or family member to become a MyAlbion+ member for £38, and then for the ticket seller to have to pay £20 a year to release the ticket to the appropriate person, make the whole thing awkward and costly.

And just putting it on the ticket exchange is no guarantee you’ll get your money back. I haven’t for Forest.

It’s such a bad system that I’m surprised people with such business savvy have deemed it to be worthwhile. They certainly wouldn’t get away with such folly if we get relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here