Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ukraine v France

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently if abandoned the game will be played tomorrow do they start with 5 mins gone or from start with full 90mins not that it really matters as it is 0 - 0. I would expect the fuil 90 mins.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Enjoying the England v France replay as I only got to listen on the radio originally. Am I right in saying England look better organised than they often do?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Apparently if abandoned the game will be played tomorrow do they start with 5 mins gone or from start with full 90mins not that it really matters as it is 0 - 0. I would expect the fuil 90 mins.

they'll play the remaining 85 minutes. imagine if the rain had come down with only 5 minutes left though, all that aggrovation, crowd control etc and then a five minute match tomorrow!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
yep. as I understand it, they delay the kick-off for exactly the length of time of the delay to the france-ukraine match, as you'd expect
Why?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
This from the BBC:
Just in case you're a lover of rules, here are the Uefa regulations regarding such match abandonment scenarios:

"If the match is abandoned before the end of normal time or during any extra time because the field is not fit for play or for other reasons, it must be replayed in full either the next day or on another date as agreed by the host association and the visiting association, subject to the approval of the UEFA administration. An agreement must be reached within two hours of the referee's decision to cancel the match. In case of dispute, the UEFA administration fixes the date and kick-off time of the match. Its decision is final."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's rain in Ukraine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here