Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ukraine v England - internet only

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Ukrainian channel "Futbol" is on the Sirius 4 satellite at 4.8 east but unfortunately this is an encrypted channel. If the (hopefully free) feed is also on this bird you should be able to get it with a 1 metre dish.

Appears to have renamed "Futbol" and indeed is encrypted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have an active, funded Bet365 account, so apparently I can watch this on my lappy.
However, I have already arranged to meet with some mates down the pub for a bit of a Soccer Saturday session (a few WC qualifiers/L1 and L2 accumulators).

How much of a SPACKOID will I look if I turn up in the pub with my laptop using their Wifi to stream the B365 coverage onto it ? I'm sorry, I think the shame would just be too much. Yes, I am a geek. But there's no need to advertise it.

I might as well turn up in a Star Trek shirt.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Oh what a wonderfully spoilt World these kids grow up in these days. It really doesn't seem that long ago that I wouldn't have dreamt of seeing England games live until we were actually AT the tournament. Certainly a dead rubber away at some Russian outpost would have been an evening of playing with my aerial (ooohh, missus) until I could make out the crackly commentary on the radio.

Now we are looking at COMPLETELY OUTRAGE if every single kick taken in an England shirt isn't available live (and FREE!) on our tellybox.

Although you have a point, modernisation has happened now, so why can't people watch the football for free when the technology is there for it to happen? Greedy bastards, that's why. Greedy f***ing bastards.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Quite like the Bet365 idea, the stream in the background whilst putting a few bets on.

Anyway, f*** it, see you at Yeovil :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This is a f***ing joke. ALL England games should be on terrestrial channels. I am not paying £5 to watch this and restricting the amount of people is a joke as well. The should never have been allowed to happen. It's not the fact that it is this game it is the possible precedent this could set.

Terrestrial TV, yeah, I remeber that.
Was a bag of shit that used to show complete wank - oh hang on, it stil is.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm not that fussed as when we lost the away matches to Sentanta I got used to listening to the wireless but what does annoy me is that Ferdinand has the cheek to say this will be good for fans as it embraces modern technolgy which we all use. :angry:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm not that fussed as when we lost the away matches to Sentanta I got used to listening to the wireless but what does annoy me is that Ferdinand has the cheek to say this will be good for fans as it embraces modern technolgy which we all use. :angry:

I watched that, but he could hardly say anything else could he. It didn't even look like he believed what he was saying.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For terrestrial broadcasters, the 5.15pm kick-off appears to have been a significant stumbling block given the fierce battle for the prime-time audience on Saturday.

The match clashes with the start of New You’ve Been Framed!, which is followed by another new ITV series, Harry Hill’s TV Burp, and the first live performance night of The X Factor.

It is understood that ITV, which has the rights to home England games, decided that live coverage was not commercially viable and that its bid for a highlights show was rejected.

The BBC’s offers for live coverage and later highlights was turned down. Its flagship show, Strictly Come Dancing, begins at 7pm and any later start time would have led to a greater clash with The X Factor. “The highlights package was then removed by the rightsholder,” the BBC said last night.

What a load of SHIT.
If You've Been Framed, X-Factor and Strictly were deemed "immovable" (which is debatable in itself), the why not put it on ITV2 or BBC3 ? You only get films, repeats and pre-recorded shows on there anyway.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What a load of SHIT.
If You've Been Framed, X-Factor and Strictly were deemed "immovable" (which is debatable in itself), the why not put it on ITV2 or BBC3 ? You only get films, repeats and pre-recorded shows on there anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well said Easy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because not everyone can get BBC3 or BBC4 or ITV 2 yet..............

Hardley warrants stumping up a million quid and then sticking it on ITV2

Not everyone gets Sky either, doesn't stop them. And surely the MAJORITY of households have access to ITV2 and BBC3 these days ?

I'd have thought it would still be attractive enough to advertisers (and therefore to ITV) even if it was put on ITV2. People always watch England matches in their droves. Its a team on the up, doing well under Capello, its not like there wouldn't be a decent sized audience for this game at 5.15 on a Saturday.

TV Burp and X-Factor is NOT an excuse not to bid, in my opinion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You could look at this another way.

The traditional broadcasters have stood up to a company that was asking way over the odds.

We all have to pay for it (in one way or another), so perhaps this game can be sacrificed if it goes a little way to ensure it doesn't happen again.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
For terrestrial broadcasters, the 5.15pm kick-off appears to have been a significant stumbling block given the fierce battle for the prime-time audience on Saturday.

The match clashes with the start of New You’ve Been Framed!, which is followed by another new ITV series, Harry Hill’s TV Burp, and the first live performance night of The X Factor.

It is understood that ITV, which has the rights to home England games, decided that live coverage was not commercially viable and that its bid for a highlights show was rejected.

The BBC’s offers for live coverage and later highlights was turned down. Its flagship show, Strictly Come Dancing, begins at 7pm and any later start time would have led to a greater clash with The X Factor. “The highlights package was then removed by the rightsholder,” the BBC said last night.

What a load of SHIT.
If You've Been Framed, X-Factor and Strictly were deemed "immovable" (which is debatable in itself), the why not put it on ITV2 or BBC3 ? You only get films, repeats and pre-recorded shows on there anyway.

Hells Bells......(cant swear) I have been away from the UK 2 years and the same shit is still on TV....

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Imagine just imagine that this game was as important as the Croatia game 2 years ago and the only way you could have watched it was streamed to your pooter by some tinpot 3rd rate Internet company. The country would have gone mental.

Also, If Strictly, X factor and the like are deemed immovable then we've lost. Bird and Chav TV is now higher in TV exec's eyes than Soccerball. This sets a precedent that terestrial TV will now be more interested in showing Extreme Celebrity Lawn mowing with Shane Ritchie than sport. God help us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was reading an article today saying the next Premership TV contract will be the last big collective one.

If they were able to stream the game themselves, charge 3 quid and get a "modest" global audience of 25m for the headline games, they could recoup what they currently get a season over a couple of weeks.

It's therefore no surprise that foreign investors are putting themselves (and their clubs) in debt because the potential earnings are huge.

If anyone thinks the gap in the Premiership (and the other leagues) is big now, it's only going to get bigger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here