Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You could also ask why someone so keen on a topic is so poorly informed about what is going on?

Either a clueless idiot or a shit stirrersprings to mind.

HIs posting style follows a well warn path. Claiming ignorance of opposing views, demanding evidence of these views, the resorting to various forms of mis representation or underhand insults.

Or maybe the question is why moderators dont do their job and boot him from these theads?.He contributes nothing and just seeks to antagonise.

Thanks - I read over things and at times begin to wonder if it is me. You have reassured me. He often puts "smart alec" statements after others' posts and I too wonder if he just likes provoking folk.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A strop! Probably best you do ignore them, and then you won't misunderstand them. By the way, the hypocrisy never stops does it? I am desperate to "win" and you are of course not, are you?

Not really a strop. My apologies if you find our exchanges entertaining or enlightening in some way but (perhaps not surprisingly :) ) I disagree.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not really a strop. My apologies if you find our exchanges entertaining or enlightening in some way but (perhaps not surprisingly :) ) I disagree.

The "going back to ignoring your posts" lasted 11 minutes and you tell me that I am desperate to win. . . .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You could also ask why someone so keen on a topic is so poorly informed about what is going on?

Either a clueless idiot or a shit stirrersprings to mind.

HIs posting style follows a well warn path. Claiming ignorance of opposing views, demanding evidence of these views, the resorting to various forms of mis representation or underhand insults.

Or maybe the question is why moderators dont do their job and boot him from these theads?.He contributes nothing and just seeks to antagonise.

You are calling someone else antagonistic? :lolol: You are incapable of holding a discussion on these threads without losing your shit and getting yourself banned. But then i guess that is everyone else's fault.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You are calling someone else antagonistic? :lolol: You are incapable of holding a discussion on these threads without losing your shit and getting yourself banned. But then i guess that is everyone else's fault.

OhIm fine debating with people on here. Its just that i had you pegged a long time ago. Trying to windpeopleup then going running to the modsto try toget them banned has limited traction.Eventually they will wise up toyour games. When I point out your antics to others they quickly get it.

You are the one who loses his shit.You try to smear me, then ignore, then trying to get me banned. But Im still here pointing out your clueless antics to others.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
OhIm fine debating with people on here. Its just that i had you pegged a long time ago. Trying to windpeopleup then going running to the modsto try toget them banned has limited traction.Eventually they will wise up toyour games. When I point out your antics to others they quickly get it.

You are the one who loses his shit.You try to smear me, then ignore, then trying to get me banned. But Im still here pointing out your clueless antics to others.

Like I say, it's always everyone else's fault.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Like I say, it's always everyone else's fault.

Thats how you project. The way you assume everyone is on an exstreme position when its only you.

Your Argument is Like declaring Dunk an average defender, then asking who the other defenders are. Then when told asking for evidence that they are any good. Before making snide remarks about the other persons assumptions.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is what you wrote: "I have seen little to suggest that these people do not want to return home when it is safe to do so. Infact quite the opposite, the people i have met want nothing more than to return to their home." I questioned that statement, as I do not believe that this is true for the majority of refuges that we are now seeing in Europe. I also pointed out that you always want evidence from your adversaries, and yet rather hypocritically assume that you can make an assertion such as you do from talking to refugees - and that this is your evidence. To others that does not mean a great deal, and all sounds too convenient. You then said that you would rather take this (ie from refugees) evidence than from a bloke on the internet etc etc( and of course could not resist the customary arrogant put-down)
Now you write; "and you will have to let me know how i am supposed to provide evidence for what i have seen little of?"

And then you have the nerve to question others' comprehension skills -it is no wonder, given such confusion.
Even those that seem to agree with some of your views would find this view hard to swallow BF. It seems farfetched that you have spoken to hundreds that state they want to go back home when safe. Do you really think migrants or refugees would pass through countless countries if this was true. TBH you may get away with these ideals with young school children but it is stretching it a bit with older people.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thats how you project. The way you assume everyone is on an exstreme position when its only you.

Your Argument is Like declaring Dunk an average defender, then asking who the other defenders are. Then when told asking for evidence that they are any good. Before making snide remarks about the other persons assumptions.

Banging on about projecting and a shit analogy, Classic looney. How many posts until the abuse starts? Then the ban and then the grizzling about getting banned.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Even those that seem to agree with some of your views would find this view hard to swallow BF. It seems farfetched that you have spoken to hundreds that state they want to go back home when safe. Do you really think migrants or refugees would pass through countless countries if this was true. TBH you may get away with these ideals with young school children but it is stretching it a bit with older people.

Of course it is far fetched that I have spoken to hundreds of refugees about this. I haven't and have never claimed to, this is a classic HG misunderstanding. The refugees I have spoken to have expressed a desire to go back home when it is safe enough.

All I said was they I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that this attitude was no prevalent among all refugees. To answer your question. I don't see how refugees passing through countries to get to safety suggests that they would not like to return home.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nd-is-a-lie-10501290.html?cmpid=facebook-post

'The image has been picked up by a range of right-wing outlets, including the Conservative Post, and has been shared tens of thousands of times since. That site said that it was a "new leaked picture" that "confirmed" its claims about Isis smuggling in agents among refugees'

I cant imagine anybody on NSC posting 'stories' as 'evidence' from rightwing blogs. Oh wait :)

Credit to NSC, ive not seen this one posted. Yet.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Of course it is far fetched that I have spoken to hundreds of refugees about this. I haven't and have never claimed to, this is a classic HG misunderstanding. The refugees I have spoken to have expressed a desire to go back home when it is safe enough.

All I said was they I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that this attitude was no prevalent among all refugees. To answer your question[/B]. I don't see how refugees passing through countries to get to safety suggests that they would not like to return home.

No , it was NOT an HG misunderstanding. It was quite clear what you said and other posts not surprisingly have expressed incredulity. Quite apart from the extreme naivety of your last sentence, and even allowing for typo, you can now see why others' comprehension skills, as you pompously put it, are fully taxed.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nd-is-a-lie-10501290.html?cmpid=facebook-post

'The image has been picked up by a range of right-wing outlets, including the Conservative Post, and has been shared tens of thousands of times since. That site said that it was a "new leaked picture" that "confirmed" its claims about Isis smuggling in agents among refugees'

I cant imagine anybody on NSC posting 'stories' as 'evidence' from rightwing blogs. Oh wait :)

Credit to NSC, ive not seen this one posted. Yet.

Might it be that you were rather hoping? . . . That Isis terrorists are being smuggled in seems rather fanciful, but one simply does not know. It was reported in the press that the Lebanese Minister whom Cameron met, had said that there are fanatics inside the camps, and it would be foolish to dismiss the possibility that we might be importing future terrorists.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not hoping at all. People have quoted rightwing blogs as evidence on NSC. Without a doubt.
Do I think that ISIS ops will enter Europe. Yes.
Do I think that ISIS ops are already in Europe. Yes.

My point is, why do these blogs, and im sure the leftist blogs are as guilty, feel the need to promote downright lies, when they they know they are downright lies. If you are confident of your position, why the need to just lie and promote ****ry?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not hoping at all. People have quoted rightwing blogs as evidence on NSC. Without a doubt.
Do I think that ISIS ops will enter Europe. Yes.
Do I think that ISIS ops are already in Europe. Yes.

My point is, why do these blogs, and im sure the leftist blogs are as guilty, feel the need to promote downright lies, when they they know they are downright lies. If you are confident of your position, why the need to just lie and promote ****ry?

Yes, there is no need to deliberately disseminate material that you know to be false to back up a view. This only serves to distort and inflame matters. Genuinely-held opinions (even if subsequently proven to be of little worth)are one thing, but to post something you know is incorrect is quite another. For all its many benefits, the anonymity of the internet has also much to answer for.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No , it was NOT an HG misunderstanding. It was quite clear what you said and other posts not surprisingly have expressed incredulity. Quite apart from the extreme naivety of your last sentence, and even allowing for typo, you can now see why others' comprehension skills, as you pompously put it, are fully taxed.

Yours are fully taxed reading the Beano :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here