Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uefa want you to pay to watch tournaments!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Football fans of a nervous disposition may want to look away now as a potential legal 'result' flashes up: Uefa 1 UK Government 0.

For, if European governing body Uefa gets its way, this summer's Euro 2008 championship will be the last that British fans get to watch entirely on free-to-air TV.

Uefa is challenging the British list of "crown jewel" sporting events - those deemed to be of such national importance that they are guaranteed to be shown on terrestrial television.

BBC

Declare War.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
wankers i say we hunt them down and kill them the world cup and the euros are what we live for after the albion what a disgrace everything is about money :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::mad::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like they don't make ENOUGH money out of all the corporate sponsorship of these tournaments.

Fuckers the lot of 'em.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The world cup is about the only thing that would force me to give in and get Sky.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
BBC

this summer's Euro 2008 championship will be the last that British fans get to watch entirely on free-to-air TV.

my BBC licence is almost per month what I pay for sky sports

entirely on free-to-air TV, I don't think so !!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Wahey! :)

About time - then maybe we could watch them all in High Definition aswell, rather than ITV f***ing over Sky and Virgin Media and not letting them have the HD channel.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
my BBC licence is almost per month what I pay for sky sports

entirely on free-to-air TV, I don't think so !!!

isn't the cheapest Sky Sports package £26 per month (though Virgin media) and the license fee is £139.50 per year (11.63 per month) - or are there better deals available?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
isn't the cheapest Sky Sports package £26 per month (though Virgin media) and the license fee is £139.50 per year (11.63 per month) - or are there better deals available?

is £15 innit !!

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If this means Sky get the rights to the tournamnet then it can only be good news.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont care. No really I dont. In that case if it came about I will go to the pub.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I hate it when the European tossers come in to our Country and try telling us what we can and cannot do. Lets start another War now.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
*cough* BBC HD?

And ITV HD is launching later this year.

Do keep up at the back.

I know about the BBC HD, that's why I didn't mention it.

The only reason I raised ITV HD was that it was scheduled to start on Sky and Virgin Media in March 2008, and was then put back until June 2008. And now it's not on at all.

It's launching on FreeSat (f*** knows what that is, no-one has it) tomorrow.

Doesn't look like ITV HD will be going on to either.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Wahey! :)

About time - then maybe we could watch them all in High Definition aswell, rather than ITV f***ing over Sky and Virgin Media and not letting them have the HD channel.

I dont think you will take that view when you move out of home and dont have parents to pay for it

Its expensive to get Sky/Virgin etc, especially a package with HD decoders on the set top box

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do the BBC/ITV actually have to pay anything for the rights to the Championship? because i think what that peice is really about is them having to pay or pay more.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
...It's launching on FreeSat (f*** knows what that is, no-one has it) tomorrow.

Doesn't look like ITV HD will be going on to either.
I got Freesat HD. It's awesome. The concerts clips that the Beeb show in HD (and 5.1) are awesome.

Didn't know ITV HD was launching tomorrow. That's awesome news. All the footy in HD. No disappointment of England falling apart at the Group Stages (already fallen). Excellent. Come on Sweden!!!! You can do it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here