Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uefa fines Rangers and bans fans for one away game

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Typical UEFA, like that one game ban will make any difference in any case.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Ahhh British, if not English, judgement by UEFA, forgetting homophobia and racism in Russia, and general crowd chaos Europe wide ... let's deal the Brits some deserved justice...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13218273.stm

The FACT is Rangers were cleared by the UEFA representative after both games but some organisation called "FARE" "Football Against Racism in Europe" have sprung up from nowhere and their representative has concluded otherwise. I see this as a dangerous precedent and when asking for a copy of their report.....nothing returned. What I do know is that the UEFA representative who attended the recent Rangers/PSV games was Irish and gave us the all clear !! Perhaps this lot should concentrate their energies in Eastern Europe/Italy etc.

The thing is it is so easy to make a complaint and all I can see benefiting from this organisation are the lawyers....I've been watching and concerned about the activities of this organisation who can be found at

Football Against Racism in Europe English

I have asked for a full copy of their report and who produced it and will keep you posted, all you ever get is Auto email reply

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Amazing that UEFA in fact the SFA as well have never acted against :

-The Aberdeen fans who repeatedly sing a song that celebrates the gate 13 deaths at the Ibrox disaster
-The Celtic fans who repeatedly sing pro IRA songs that celebrate amongst other things the Birmingham bombings

choosing instead to concentrate on celebrating a battle that was won nearly 350 years ago.

Definite lack of perspective from footballs governing bodies.

Are we still allowed to sing 'if I had the wings of a sparrow'?

TNBA

TTF

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

-The Aberdeen fans who repeatedly sing a song that celebrates the gate 13 deaths at the Ibrox disaster
-The Celtic fans who repeatedly sing pro IRA songs that celebrate amongst other things the Birmingham bombings

choosing instead to concentrate on celebrating a battle that was won nearly 350 years ago.

TNBA

TTF

What song are they actually moaning about?
Surely there's nothing offensive in Derry Walls or The Sash?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

TNBA

TTF
joke decision.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probaly about the right decision - it's just that UEFA keep making wrong decisions (or rather no decisions) about Russia, other East European countries, etc, etc.
And there isn't an anti-British tendency - it's anti-English; remember, it was only English clubs who were banned from Europe for five years, not Scottish ones - and at Heysel there were plenty of Italian yobs looking for trouble with Liverpool yobs too - if that wall had fallen the other way, and it was Liverpool fans who were killed, would they have banned Italian clubs for five years? I think not..........

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Might surprise some on here, but I completely agree with the sentiment of this post. I'm not saying it's ok for Rangers to sing songs with words along the lines of "I killed some Fenian scum" or whatever (and equally not ok for Celtic to sing about Birmingham bombings - although I must interject I have NO idea what TTF is on about here), but its very mild mannered compared to the overt racism and direct abuse we see in Eastern Europe (or even UEFA/FIFA darlings Spain) - of which little appears to be done.

Don't English fans keep getting stabbed in Rome as well?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
The FACT is Rangers were cleared by the UEFA representative after both games but some organisation called "FARE" "Football Against Racism in Europe" have sprung up from nowhere and their representative has concluded otherwise. I see this as a dangerous precedent and when asking for a copy of their report.....nothing returned. What I do know is that the UEFA representative who attended the recent Rangers/PSV games was Irish and gave us the all clear !! Perhaps this lot should concentrate their energies in Eastern Europe/Italy etc.

The thing is it is so easy to make a complaint and all I can see benefiting from this organisation are the lawyers....I've been watching and concerned about the activities of this organisation who can be found at

Football Against Racism in Europe English

I have asked for a full copy of their report and who produced it and will keep you posted, all you ever get is Auto email reply

Well said Jim - it should also be borne in mind that the partner of Piara Powar, the head of FARE, is the BBC Radio 5 journalist Asmaah Mir who
is a dyed in the wool Celtic fan!

On that basis I have NO DOUBT FARE have a hidden agenda against Rangers and our support!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here