Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA change rule to suit Man U

HillBarnTillIDie

Jul 2, 2011

In very basic terms…
UEFA have turned a blind eye to the fact Man U and Nice (which INEOS has a stake in both clubs) will both be allowed to compete the same competition. UEFA has rules set in place to stop more then one team owned by the same entity competing in the same competition. UEFA even state in the rules that the team who finished lowest in their respective league forfits its place, in this case Man U.

Aside for the calls on corruption in the game (which is old news), there has got to be a curse at Man U because everything they do seems to end up in controversy. Managers, players, ownership.. and now qualification into competition.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Are they allowed to loan players to each other too?

I think we were prevented from continuing our USG loan arrangements last season, weren't we?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What's the justification? I assume the conditions will be that they can't loan or transfer players to each other
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s weird you’ve chosen to highlight only one of the Manchester clubs here when both are benefitting (and indeed City have a bigger stake in Girona than United do in Nice) TBH

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

In very basic terms…
UEFA have turned a blind eye to the fact Man U and Nice (which INEOS has a stake in both clubs) will both be allowed to compete the same competition. UEFA has rules set in place to stop more then one team owned by the same entity competing in the same competition. UEFA even state in the rules that the team who finished lowest in their respective league forfits its place, in this case Man U.

Aside for the calls on corruption in the game (which is old news), there has got to be a curse at Man U because everything they do seems to end up in controversy. Managers, players, ownership.. and now qualification into competition.

INEOS own less than 30% of Man Utd this is why UEFA haven't put any sanctions in place. Tony Bloom still owns some of USG (approx 25% i believe) and we were allowed to compete in Europe alongside them last season after Tony reduced his shareholding to less than 30%.

However the ire for UEFA should be directed at the fact they appear to be ignoring the fact that City Group almost 50% of Girona who will be in the Champions League next season.

As I said on another post it will be interesting to see what Tony/USG and the owners of AC Milan/Toulouse and Villa/Vitora do if UEFA don't do anything about City Group given all were subject to restructuring and transfer bans between clubs last season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s weird you’ve chosen to highlight only one of the Manchester clubs here when both are benefitting (and indeed City have a bigger stake in Girona than United do in Nice) TBH
Man City wouldn't be affected though, it would be Girona, as they only came third in their league.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
The article doesn't say they won't be subject to the same restrictions that were imposed on us, indeed it says that there 'will be conditions imposed to allow them to compete in the same competition'
Fair enough, was going off the other messages in this thread which read as though both Manchester clubs would be treated more leniently than us or Villa. But the devil is in the details so waiting to see what exactly the conditions will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here