Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uckfield Lewes line to re-open?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I guess the NIMBY's all drove cars and knew little of the rail line on their doorstep.

Funny Norman Baker missed it too, seeing as he seems to think he is an authority on transport matters.

It's about 10tph at South Bermondsey isn't it, in comparison.

But Millwall has many other transport options within easy reach such as New Cross Gate as well as loads of bus services and I'd dare say a more than a few fans live within walking distance.
Even so they have to regulate the platforms at South Bermondsey to stop overcrowding so what will Falmer be like without another viable alternative transport option back to Brighton ?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
But Millwall has many other transport options within easy reach such as New Cross Gate as well as loads of bus services and I'd dare say a more than a few fans live within walking distance.
Even so they have to regulate the platforms at South Bermondsey to stop overcrowding so what will Falmer be like without another viable alternative transport option back to Brighton ?

I dread to think..

I mean, how many can the train deal with? a few thousand at best??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

But there are other options at Falmer too - there are 3 bus services that go from Falmer. And there'll be lots of fans who live in Coldean and Moulsecoomb which are in easy walking distance. And don't forget that some of the people using the train will be going west.

But I agree that there will be a mass of fans to deal with - all the more reason to have a decent drinking place at the ground so the dispersal of fans can be staggered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here