Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23's at home to West Ham today, kick off 7pm

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Have a word then and ask him not to be so negative about the Albion when they aren’t winning. He was talking about how one sided the match was at half time after WHU had had one shot on target, the goal. No mention at the end about how one sided the second half was and we could have had 7

From what I saw he was spot on re the first half, West Ham played well and we struggled. He just called it as he and I saw it.

The second half was more even, with us shading it on goals scored.

Perhaps it's your bias that's out of sync with what actually happened on the pitch?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From what I saw he was spot on re the first half, West Ham played well and we struggled. He just called it as he and I saw it.

The second half was more even, with us shading it on goals scored.

Perhaps it's your bias that's out of sync with what actually happened on the pitch?

If you think we only shaded the second half, we watched different games, all about opinions and my opinion was that the commentator sounded like a closet WHU fan :shrug:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know Rob. He’s a terrific lad, and a lifelong Albion fan, who gave up his Saturdays for years for free, while studying for his Sports Journalism degree, to provide the in-stadium commentary service for the blind, at the Amex.

I’d rather we don’t sack him.

Nobody who works in sports journalism wants to be known as a fan with a laptop/mic, so it's completely understandable that some make almost too much effort to appear neutral.

I did wonder, though, whether I was getting the West Ham feed ...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If you think we only shaded the second half, we watched different games, all about opinions and my opinion was that the commentator sounded like a closet WHU fan :shrug:

Maybe as an Albion fan, in an attempt to sound neutral, he over compensated a touch. But I dont doubt that commentating is one of those things that is harder than it looks. (Sounds)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe as an Albion fan, in an attempt to sound neutral, he over compensated a touch. But I dont doubt that commentating is one of those things that is harder than it looks. (Sounds)

Fair comments

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here