Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23's at home to Leicester tonight live on YouTube

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can’t help but wonder if Connolly playing a few games at this level wouldn’t bring him back down to earth a bit and simultaneously help his confidence in front of goal. Surely it would be good for him to get minutes under his belt and stay sharp. Alzate and Taylor Richards too.
I'm hoping to see them - and more - in the (sort of) U21s at Forest Green on Tuesday. No reason why we shouldn't have a real - and realistic - go at the EFL trophy this year.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Think its the intention in the not too distant future but he has barely played football for the last year. He wanted to leave Benfica because they wouldnt give their youngsters the chance in the first team, and then they made the choice not to play him even in the U21s for the last year of his contract.

Think he might play mainly with the U23s until January, then maybe a loan and then on to compete in the first team. Maybe. Or it could go quicker than that.

Crazy decision by Benfica. He certainy has plenty of talent.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ferguson for Sarmiento. Intriguing. He usually replaces Tolaj so will be great to see
them together.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Tolaj and Ferguson on together.

=Goals.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm not entirely sure how you can do that mental gymnastics about 21 year old Aaron Connolly, but well done for trying.

Quite clearly I meant “when he played for the U23”.

Ps - if you haven’t made it at 21 you probably won’t

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Crazy to think that Locadia probably earns more than every other player on the pitch combined, for both teams.

#nicking a living.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Scherpen looks a significant upgrade on Steele with the ball at his feet.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Not bad with his hands

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We look like a team with a lot of youth international CMs out on loan or in the first team squad. Really cut through us have Leicester. Some decent enough performances though.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Peupion has had a shocking half!

Impressed with Ferguson, assumed he was just a big lump who could finish but done some good defensive work and carried the ball out nicely a few times too,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here