Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21 Euro's

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Finland today is it? Hope we get off to a winning start.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
with a manager who is even tempted to play a goalkeeper at centre forward let alone actually do it I see little hope that we can overcome sides who are coached with technical ability at the forefront

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
with a manager who is even tempted to play a goalkeeper at centre forward let alone actually do it I see little hope that we can overcome sides who are coached with technical ability at the forefront

yee of little faith.

Did bloody well last time so think your negativity is misfounded

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think so, but always enjoy these tournies anyway, is a lot faster, open and skillfull than the national equivalents

Guillem Balague

Jun 28, 2008
Promises to be an excellent tournament, of the 8 sides in it I think 6 have a realistic shout to win it. Fasten your seatbelts for a couple of weeks of high drama and tension.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Have we practised penalties this time?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Have we practised penalties this time?

Read an interview at the weekend, Pearce has had them practising penalties every training session since it happened 2 years ago. He believes, who ever wins the tournament will have to win at least 1 penalty shoot out.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
yee of little faith.

Did bloody well last time so think your negativity is misfounded
I think we'll do alright, though I don't particularly rate Pearce. Some slightly odd selections and tactics and we play a more direct style then I think we need to. It worries me that the FA might be grooming him as Capello's successor.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I sat next to Pearce at an U21 friendly vs. Poland at Molineux last year. Unfoirtunately I didn't have a pen so couldn't get him to sign my programme. I decided that he therefore must be my new bestest friend.

He went to the dugout in the second half.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
England only 4/1 to win the tournament so slapped a whopping £2 on it for no apparent reason other than to waste £2! S. Taylors out though and thats a big loss, still think we'll do alright and highly looking forward to a few weeks of football and cricket mixed in for good measure!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Didn't we lose 13-12 on pens? To get to that stage surely you can't say we didn't practice?

I also remember us having a penalty shoot out after one of the warm-up games last time around so Pearce can hardly be accused of not preparing for penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here