Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Typical Harley

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Harley, you have the support of thousands of Brighton supporters. I hope you score tonight to prove these people wrong.

He has my support as with all the players. Doesn't mean he or Barnes are good enough for a Championship side. Hopefully Harley swings in a cross for Barnes to nod in.

Can't see it though.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Give Harley a chance. Hasn't featured much of late so bound to be a bit rusty. I know many on here will not forgive his powderpuff penalty at Millwall but if he scores another free kick like in the Posh game then all will be forgiven and help his confidence too.

I agree he can look like he isn't bothered at times or lets the game pass him by, but on a couple of occasions he has played in a lightweight midfield that has been too easily overrun by the opposition. At least Harley has the vision to play an incisive pass or two, but a bit like Vicente does need a hard hitter or two around him.

I like the competition from JFC and others - hopefully that will motivate Harley to show some better form. If not then Gus will move him on.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
As Harley has been ill it is probably a sensible thing to do. You say you are not having a go at him but name the thread "typical Harley" - who are you kidding.

Some Brighton fans are simply desperate to have a hate figure. Ryan Harley follows a tradition that includes Craig Davies, Adam ElAbd (pre-Gus), Guy Butters, Craig Maskell, Dan Harding and Johnny Goodchild.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
more importantly....

0,,10433~10395600,00.jpg

I'm expecting to see Gus on the starting lineup now..

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
You can tell Gus is an oldskool player... look at his boots! Black with studs, plain. Compare that to the wee nipper behind him with luminous blades!

As I get older and my eyesights fades I am helpful for any distinguishing features on a player so I can tell them all apart. (and WSU is a fair distance from pitch) Hoskins had yellow and Buckley had orange boots last saturday. It helped. I think different colour socks would help me out...... like the Barbarian rugby boys play in.
I,m good with colours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was a survey recently of players getting booked, and red boots came out top. I think it was in Four Four Two. Those who wore black boots were booked least, so it may be that the referee spots red boots more easily so therefore that particular player gets booked in 50/50 challenges?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sorry to get on another players back, but I think Gus could show Barnes a thing or two if he did actually play!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He's lazy and pointless and frankly embarrassing.

Seems a bit harsh... scorer of one of the top 10 goals at The Amex and a crowd favourite (for at least some of the crowd) elsewhere...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sorry to get on another players back, but I think Gus could show Barnes a thing or two if he did actually play!

Why Barnes?

Gus was never a striker, which Barnes is. Surely if he were to use his own experience to show another player "a thing or two", it would be someone more like Sparrow or, to drag this thread back in the vague direction of where it started, Harley.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Give Harley a chance. Hasn't featured much of late so bound to be a bit rusty. I know many on here will not forgive his powderpuff penalty at Millwall but if he scores another free kick like in the Posh game then all will be forgiven and help his confidence too.

I agree he can look like he isn't bothered at times or lets the game pass him by, but on a couple of occasions he has played in a lightweight midfield that has been too easily overrun by the opposition. At least Harley has the vision to play an incisive pass or two, but a bit like Vicente does need a hard hitter or two around him.

I like the competition from JFC and others - hopefully that will motivate Harley to show some better form. If not then Gus will move him on.

I don't think anyone is doubting Harley's ability. He just comes across as such a pussy, and regularly bottles out of tackles. There is no urgency about him which makes it look like he isn't interested. If he can get involved a bit more and get up to speed with the Championship then I think he can be a great player for us. I think we'll see the best of him next season.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The frustrating thing about Harley is he obviously has the talent, yet doesn't seem to have the aptitude to do something with it, certainly not at this level anyway (yet).

Fans have more patience with a tryer with little ability than vice versa but I would hope that him seeing a 17 year old selected ahead of him might induce him to 'get up to speed'.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why Barnes?

Because some people will turn almost anything into an opportunity to have a dig at him, while completely ignoring the fact that Barnes has accepted a role within the side which clearly doesn't suit him as much as centre forward does, but he's accepted it without toys being thrown out of the pram, complaints to the press or any other such acts of petulance. He's taken the role on for the team, at the expense of his own game to an extent, and certainly at the expense of the opinions of many people on here.

I applaud that sort of attitude myself, whereas others just seem to want to slag him off. I honestly do not understand it at all.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Because some people will turn almost anything into an opportunity to have a dig at him, while completely ignoring the fact that Barnes has accepted a role within the side which clearly doesn't suit him as much as centre forward does, but he's accepted it without toys being thrown out of the pram, complaints to the press or any other such acts of petulance. He's taken the role on for the team, at the expense of his own game to an extent, and certainly at the expense of the opinions of many people on here.

I applaud that sort of attitude myself, whereas others just seem to want to slag him off. I honestly do not understand it at all.

Post of the year so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here