Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TYou know we supporters are really good at slagging off players

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well I see Henderson scored for Watford again....

Blimey he is shit isn't he

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Darius looked no better than we already had at that time, if I remember.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
McGhee....seemly he is not a lumbering lump who lumbers round the pitch generally lumbering about and lumbering.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I actually thought Henderson was good as I did with Yeates ( who also scored yesterday BTW) but hey what do I know.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair he cost Watford £250,000...and therefore that means we couldnt afford him.

Iwelumo on the other hand you can point the finger at Magoo and say: We should have signed him.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
To be fair he cost Watford £250,000....

but he was offered to us for far less.....and he wanted to stay.

"Taps nose"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
dave the gaffer said:
but he was offered to us for far less.....and he wanted to stay.

"Taps nose"

Oh well in that case we decided to spend the money on an UNTRIED And UNTESTED Argentinian forward.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Henderson was sold to Watford for 450K (Just checked their website and cant be arsed to post a link) Not the sort of cash we had lying around for a player that looked no better than what we already had, i think at the time we had Virgo and Knight upfront.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DAMANCLAY said:
Henderson was sold to Watford for 450K (Just checked their website and cant be arsed to post a link) Not the sort of cash we had lying around for a player that looked no better than what we already had, i think at the time we had Virgo and Knight upfront.

that is Virgo the centre half and Leon the midfielder....yeah really good choice Mcghee

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do you think Mccammon is?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
that is Virgo the centre half and Leon the midfielder....yeah really good choice Mcghee

Yes Virgo the centre half who scored 7 goals for a struggling side. Leon the midfielder? Not quite.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Henderson was still a Reading player when on loan. We would have had to pay the amount Gillinham paid - apparently this was under 10k with a sell on clause.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
mcshane in the 79th said:
You really think Iwelumo is Championship standard?

Yes I do. Colchester fan at work said hes wasted there.

Dont forget he scored a few goals for us in a side that was playing 'ugly' football. And he won the penalty.

Hed have a field day with the service that our midfielders have been providing in some games.

Hed have got about 10 against Millwall in that first half.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Henderson did look good, but to be fair McGhee hadn't seen much of him and if he wasn't suited to his plan then it would have been a waste. Although he did only scored 2 in ten games.....(opening up a can of worms here...)

Coppell does make some funny decisions. Shipped Virgo off and was on the way to ending his Brighton career. Released Nathan Tyson.... etc.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here