Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two tier league proposed ?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I hate this idea that keeps on coming up. Why should rangers and celtic wlak right in just because they have more money. If they want to join an english league join blue saquare or lower and work your way up -every other club has to. This proposal will take monay away from football league and divert it to the bigger clubs. It would kill off a number of smaller clubs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The problem is that there are more and more foreign owners of PL clubs and they respect money, not tradition.

I totally agree but my point is that under this proposal, there'd be less money for PL teams - as the pot would be split between 36 teams instead of 20. I can understand that the teams in danger of relegation would vote for it, as a smaller slice of pie is better than no pie at all, but I can't see why the bigger teams would.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Obviously Mr Moyes is no longer a Jock,as his comments on gates rising throughout the country only hold in some English parts of the country.Scottish football,such as it is ,can obviously go to the devil.

But it's about money,and some clubs whose prem status is often uncertain maintaining that,and the devil take the hindmost.

So,since it's about money,the qn. is not if,but when.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What they really want is a closed league. No one goes down, and no one goes up.

actually, this is the only way this could ever work. otherwise, what happens when Celtic/Rangers get relegated: do they go back the scottish Premier, 1st or FL Chamionship/League 1? Who replaces them if they drop to the scottish leagues?

also, why is it a given theres so much money in this deal? the Scottish FA cant get much money for their TV right, but somehow adding their two top teams is going to bring more money to the Premiership as a global brand, who's going to be suddenly more interested in the UK Premeirship x2 compared to the current setup? even in the UK, would it make it any more "interesting" to have Rangers+Celtic rather than maybe give a bye into a closed league to the likes of Newcastle, Leeds or Notts Forest?:shrug:

at the end of the day, the only people i think are intersted in this are a few Rangers/Celtic fans who delude themselves they will instantly compete with Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU/Arsenal, having not noticed whats happened to Leeds and Newcastle lately.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Yeah right Davo, maybe the winner of the A-League can automatically qualify for Division One too? We could all see Lloyd again....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Yeah right Davo, maybe the winner of the A-League can automatically qualify for Division One too? We could all see Lloyd again....
I mean YOU could all see Lloyd again, natch, I've only seen him out here in the perimiter..., nice mix of drinks tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they bring in Prem 1 and Prem 2 there will be 10 clubs displaced from the Championship if Rangers & Celtic are admitted to Prem 2. Any teams in Leagues 1 and 2 will find it virtually impossible to gain promotion into Prem 2 because the television revenues will make the gulf too great and the teams relegated into L1 would go straight back up again with their parachute payments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here