Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Thirds of our Remaining Games ...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For some reason I can imagine you sitting at Bracknell Towers at the end of a long dinner table with your finger tips together and saying this in a very serious deep but slightly pleased evil super hero voice. :lol:

Wizard-of-Oz-w24.jpg

This "two points per game" target is a good challenge. So far this season, we've achieved it. Only Manchester United, Arsenal, AFC Wimbledon and Crawley Town can say the same.

If the other contenders in our league could achieve two points per game for the rest of the season, this is what they'd finish up with:-

AFC Bournemouth 85
Charlton Athletic 85
Southampton 84
Huddersfield Town 84
Oldham Athletic 79
Rochdale 78
Milton Keynes Dons 77
Peterborough United 77

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
It's in our own hands. Do equally as well as our competitors from now untill the end of season and nothing can stop us from being promoted.

What could go wrong: complacency, overconfidence, bad luck, injuries, shitty refereeing, a couple of other teams putting together amazing run ins etc.

I'm in the one game at a time camp. This is football - anyything can happen.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Chances are one team will put together a terrific run to the end of the season and average just over 2 points a game. Even then though we will stay ahead of them if we can continue our form. The more you think about it, the more Tanno was right, the biggest threat to us getting promoted is ourselves.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have spend some time looking over the League 1 table and have discovered that 100% of the games that remain are against teams currently below us.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
We have nine games against the bottom eight coming up.

That SHOULD be 27 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here