Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Premier League Players At The Amex

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Gary Gardner and Alexander Kacaniklic, according to my source.

Are they going to announce Aspinall's retirement from BBC Sussex at the same time. Other wise we'll have Gary Glitter playing in front of Richard Gere with Loveshack in goal and he'll probably have a heart attack trying to work out how to pronounce Kacaniklic!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Transfer News has Gary Gardner as

Date of birth: 29.06.1992
Place of birth: Solihull
Height: 1,88
Nationality: England
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Market value: 875.000 £
1.000.000 €
Player's agent: James Grant Sports Management

and Alexander Kacaniklic,

as

Name in native country: Александар Качаниклиќ
Date of birth: 13.08.1991
Place of birth: Helsingborg
Height: 1,80
Nationality: Sweden
Macedonia
Position: Midfield - Midfield, left
Foot: left
Market value: 225.000 £
250.000 €

That's a million Euros of talent we have got, if the rumours are correct.

Lovveerleee

TNBA

TTF

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It would seem that even if we got some young players in from an EPL club the chances of them playing regularly and having a prolonged impact aren't that great given how we used the two Man City lads last season when on loan.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I agree about Kacaniklic, if it is correct (I'm just passing on what I've been told but have no cause whatever to disbelieve it) then I'd suggest it's a case of bye bye Nooney.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I agree about Kacaniklic, if it is correct (I'm just passing on what I've been told but have no cause whatever to disbelieve it) then I'd suggest it's a case of bye bye Nooney.

It does look like transfer fees will be involved so there will be a departure. I still think Noone could improve as a player, although he is never going to have the potential of Lua lua. If Noone stays he will be vying for a first team place.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We have noone and lua lua on the left so not sure why we'd sign another left winger, if anything we could do with someone to compete with Buckley on the right- although I appreciate KLL can play there as well.

The Villa lad sounds promising though, likely to be a loan deal? Watford fans are going to hate us after Buckley and Thomasz.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gary Gardner and Alexander Kacaniklic, according to my source.

sound quite similar both midfielders..... this is what Kacaniklic wiki says though and from this I would be hugely suprised if we bagged him:

Watford Loan

On 30 January 2012, Kačaniklić joined Football League Championship club Watford on a youth loan until the end of the season.[5] He made his debut the next day in a 2–0 away win against Millwall.[6] Kačaniklić scored his first goal in a 3–2 home win against Burnley on 3rd March. After a series of impressive displays for Watford, Kačaniklić was recalled by his parent club, Fulham, on 27th March.

"Return to Fulham

He made his Fulham debut on 30 March, coming on as a substitute for the injured Pavel Pogrebnyak after 35 minutes.[7] He almost scored a goal, as a clipped shot was parried by Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy and hit the crossbar.[7] He was praised by Martin Jol in his post-match press conference. He made his first start for Fulham in an away match against Bolton Wanderers on 7 April 2012. Fulham won the match 0-3, and Kačaniklić was subbed off after 88 minutes for fellow Academy graduate Marcello Trotta, who made his Premier League debut for Fulham.[8] Shortly before the match, Jol confirmed that Fulham will offer Kačaniklić a new contract.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It would seem that even if we got some young players in from an EPL club the chances of them playing regularly and having a prolonged impact aren't that great given how we used the two Man City lads last season when on loan.

That's 'cos one was a one game wonder and a billy big bollocks who had a run in with Gus and the other was injured at first and then very reluctant to use his undoubted ball skills to deliver telling passes or crosses.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Gary Gardner is very very good. Didn't he score for Coventry v us?

No way would Villa let him go out on loan, unless Stephen Ireland is going to play.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is it just me ? I am not impressed by either to be honest.

No offence (well, a little) but you clearly don't know enough about either of them then.

Gardner is CLASS and was linked with some big big clubs. If we got him (I would suspect only on loan) then that is a brilliant signing. He scored against us last season and was excellent. Much higher rated than his brother.

I saw the Fulham chap play last season an he looked an excellent prospect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here