Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Two policemen trapped in lift" pathetic headline award

I was just home in the week and leaving Btn Stn, and it was outside the WHS hut.

Yes Evening Argus, you are well guilty of the most pathetic billboard I have ever seen. If that's how you sell newspapers, you better go back to school 'rags' and learn all over again.

I can't recall seeing worse, but if I did - it was probably The Argus then too.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Maybe two police men were stuck in a lift?

:shrug:

Don't get the animosity towards the Argus, maybe you'd all prefer no local newspaper and zero coverage of the Albion anywhere?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was just home in the week and leaving Btn Stn, and it was outside the WHS hut.

Yes Evening Argus, you are well guilty of the most pathetic billboard I have ever seen. If that's how you sell newspapers, you better go back to school 'rags' and learn all over again.

I can't recall seeing worse, but if I did - it was probably The Argus then too.

It was actually seven policeman stuck in the lift! Maybe the 2 was badly written.

As far as headlines go, the Argus had a recent one 'Man found dead in graveyard'!

But the Argus is ok, Naylor throws a tiff sometimes but good Albion coverage.

Although the Argus was a lot better when it used to be an evening paper.

Maybe two police men were stuck in a lift?

:shrug:

Don't get the animosity towards the Argus, maybe you'd all prefer no local newspaper and zero coverage of the Albion anywhere?

Oh do behave, I got stuck in a lift before at (American Express when I was drafting their floor plan), and I expect that several other people have been STUCK IN A LIFT before as well.

It's stunning headline news isn't it?? Certainly makes me want to buy their papers :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Uh, I was expecting a punch line. Maybe we need to finish this one off ourselves?

One says to the other.......

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Uh, I was expecting a punch line. Maybe we need to finish this one off ourselves?

One says to the other.......

"Ground floor: perfumery
stationery and leather goods
wigs and haberdashery
kitchenware and food. Going up!

First floor: telephones
gents ready-made suits
shirts, socks, ties, hats
underwear and shoes. Going up!

Second floor: carpets
travel goods and bedding
material, soft furnishings,
restaurant and teas. Going down!

First floor: telephones
gents ready-made suits
shirts, socks, ties, hats
underwear and shoes. Going down!"

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
The Argus do those billboards on purpose. They try and make them as silly/amusing/irreverent as possible, not really trying to shift papers because of them (other than the Thursday jobs ones).

Everyone knows what The Argus is already and would buy it (or not) regardless of the billboards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They got rid of the lift at Blundell Park after it developed a fault and the only message it gave was "going down".

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I asked a manic depressive lift attendant 'hows life' he replied 'you know, up and down'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here