Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I "believe" the fields on the left are Pende (needs clarification):
ni_birb20031207.198185_3fd33c7a1bf7.gif

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
i.e. exactely where they want to expand the airport.

Right let's get the EXPAND SHOREHAM AIRPORT NOW! caompaign rolling!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well at least the clubs lawyers have got a couple of months now to prepare the evidence to carve the arguments for these two other sites to bits. If this is the best "viable alternatives" the NIMBYS can come up with, it smacks of desperation more than anything else.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
looking at this another way.......

Estimates at costs for producing evidence that the Pende site is unsuitable approx £60k.......(ONE PLAYERS WAGES)

We received appx 200k in from Albion fans to save the albion and in memory of Mari Harding......The costs will probably come out of this, therefore we have £140k left in the pot.

Thankyou Andy...I wanted my money i sent to the club to be spent on your f***ing GREAT EGO TRIP

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Once again people on here are blinkered to what the club thinks is right!!!

Persus has the right to his opinion, if he thinks penge is a good site for the Albion then he has the right to put across his point of view!

The does not make him a Wanker!

We all have the right to state where we think the ground should be. I ,in the early days did not think Falmer was the place for a football ground , but have come round more to the idea. It,s been interesting reading persus,s intelligent posts on the penge site.

do you really think it was him alone that convinced the falmer residents to include this site?!!

your all bleeting like sheep to the tune of Dick knight once again!!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
dave the gaffer said:
looking at this another way.......

Estimates at costs for producing evidence that the Pende site is unsuitable approx £60k.......(ONE PLAYERS WAGES)

We received appx 200k in from Albion fans to save the albion and in memory of Mari Harding......The costs will probably come out of this, therefore we have £140k left in the pot.

Thankyou Andy...I wanted my money i sent to the club to be spent on your f***ing GREAT EGO TRIP

I know the guy is a dick but do you honestly believe that these sites wouldn't have come up anyway. After all they are the only sites big enough and available and they have been mentioned many times before. I think they were inevitable.

With Adur District Council now being drawn inevitably into the Inquiry, it will also cost the council tax payers of Southwick, Shoreham and Lancing money that they would rather see spent on something useful.

Horsham District Council and West Sussex County Council might also have to commit resources and funds to the Inquiry.

Yoda

English & European
Ah! Right, the bit north of the railway line.

I could walk up the the stadium through the Stables at Old Salts Farm for that. :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
I "believe" the fields on the left are Pende (needs clarification):
ni_birb20031207.198185_3fd33c7a1bf7.gif

Is that not right on the edge of Lancing and Lancings Mash Barn estate.

Not exactly Brighton and Hove is it? ?

Lets just build at Gillingham!!!

:nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Mr Popkins said:

Persus has the right to his opinion, if he thinks penge is a good site for the Albion then he has the right to put across his point of view!

We all have the right to state where we think the ground should be. I ,in the early days did not think Falmer was the place for a football ground , but have come round more to the idea. It,s been interesting reading persus,s intelligent posts on the penge site.

do you really think it was him alone that convinced the falmer residents to include this site?!!

It is one thing to sight your views on other sites. It is another to draw up plans and submit them to the NIMBYs!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mr Popkins said:

Its not so much the where Pende is but the FACt that Falmer beats it so Pende comes in as a time wasting money draining piece of shite that BHA DONT need. Personally I'd LOVE to have Pende or Beeding for the Stadium but Falmer IS better than those two in various areas and does'nt really loose to them in any way.

Its the extra cost/time that worrys me re Lord Bs post earlier!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The must GALLING thing is that he can happily come on here and say he's an Albion fan all he wants but ALL the f***ing fundraising done by REAL fans has all gone to pot because of this.

That's what makes me REALLY angry.

Pende CUNTRAG.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lord Bracknell said:
I received a letter from the Planning Inspectorate this morning, about the arrangements for the resumed Public Inquiry.

This revealed that two more sites have been added to the list of alternatives that will be considered at the Inquiry. These are:-

Beeding Cement Works and
Shoreham Airport.

Presumably they have been suggested by Falmer Parish Council.

The Albion will, of course, now have to incur further costs in preparing and presenting detailed assessments of these sites. And it could mean that the Inquiry lasts longer than originally programmed.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I blame perseus.

I wouldn't have thought it would be a particularly excessive cost to make clear why these sites aren't suitable, as they are simply not available.

Both are privately owned with (I believe) plans in place for development. Sounds like as easy an argument as Brighton Station is to dismiss.

My fear - and this has been my fear all along - is that the current owners of the Cement Works, pull out of their planned development, and it suddenly becomes available, and is of course a brownfield site.

But as we stand, I'm sure someone bought it in mid-90's with plans to knock it all down and build something there. Although it hasn't begun yet, i think that is more to do with the prohibitive costs of clearing the site. Which is another reason why it is completely unsuitable for us.

Yes, this is a pain, but I am still unable to see any reason why Falmer is not going to be ours.

We WILL get Falmer.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: TWO MORE SITES added to the list of alternatives to Falmer

Gritt23 said:
I wouldn't have thought it would be a particularly excessive cost to make clear why these sites aren't suitable, as they are simply not available.

Both are privately owned with (I believe) plans in place for development. Sounds like as easy an argument as Brighton Station is to dismiss.

My fear - and this has been my fear all along - is that the current owners of the Cement Works, pull out of their planned development, and it suddenly becomes available, and is of course a brownfield site.

But as we stand, I'm sure someone bought it in mid-90's with plans to knock it all down and build something there. Although it hasn't begun yet, i think that is more to do with the prohibitive costs of clearing the site. Which is another reason why it is completely unsuitable for us.

Yes, this is a pain, but I am still unable to see any reason why Falmer is not going to be ours.

We WILL get Falmer.

Beeding Cement Works was pretty much set to become an Indoor Snowdome area (amongst other ideas), but for some reason (forget now, a few years ago) it got scrapped.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Now I may be wrong but is there structural problems OR something wrong with the ground in that area, hence why nothing can get built?

Again, I may be wrong!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:
Now I may be wrong but is there structural problems OR something wrong with the ground in that area, hence why nothing can get built?

Again, I may be wrong!!!

Marsh Land? could be, hav'nt walked across it myself but maybe worth investigating.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im just sure the cement works has never been built on as it was found out there was some kind of problems with ground or surrounds.

Again, I could be wrong!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:
Im just sure the cement works has never been built on as it was found out there was some kind of problems with ground or surrounds.

Again, I could be wrong!

Highly doubt it, the works was there for years (and still is), Southwick Hill Tunnel was built and that cuts right through the Chalk so I cant see that posing any problems.
As for the Water level of the Adur, I think thats someway below the base level of the works. (going on memory of fishing nearby at Passies Pond many years ago)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here