Jul 6, 2003
edited

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
perseus said:
Yes, that's exactly right.

I never passed on the information to anybody involved in any of the Public Inquiries or gave them permission to use any of the information I hold pertaining to Pende. Except I did pass on the information to Martin Perry (and that was before Planning Permission was applied for).

Hang on a minute...are you saying that people have used your information against your permission then?

Yoda

English & European
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Haven't they built a station for the Reebok Stadium? I guess it also serves the retail park around the ground as well but it was built. Coventry's new Jaguar Arena is going to have a station built next to it as well.

Exactly, it's got more of a purpose that just football. They wouldn't have built them otherwise.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Haven't they built a station for the Reebok Stadium? I guess it also serves the retail park around the ground as well but it was built. Coventry's new Jaguar Arena is going to have a station built next to it as well.

Yep but that is to service the shops more so than the stadium. They will not build a station for a stadium that is only used 23ish times a year.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yoda said:
Exactly, it's got more of a purpose that just football. They wouldn't have built them otherwise.

Plus the number of people using a station for Bolton or Arsenal would far exceed thos going to the Albion.

Yoda

English & European
Rangdo said:
Plus the number of people using a station for Bolton or Arsenal would far exceed thos going to the Albion.

That too. If the rail companies won't make a profit within a certain time scale, they won't build it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Railway stations for football stadia

Derby hasn't got one, neither has Reading.

Bolton's railway station and new road was built after the stadium.

This is in the Pende plan. It is a fact that Railtrack will not build a railway station until their are sufficient customers to justify it (i.e. 250,000 or thereabouts.)

In this respect, Falmer has the distinct advantage.

Not having a a railway station (or the possibility of one) is not a fatal flaw, but a very strong indication. I cannot see anyway that in the long term, a proper football stadium could be justified without a railway station.

There are not enough buses and drivers.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
dave the gaffer said:
Hang on a minute...are you saying that people have used your information against your permission then?

I have no record of anybody using my information. It is copyright protected (only plan can be copyrighted not the idea) and if anybody has, I would weant to know who it is so that I can take the appropriate action.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yoda said:
WHERE ARE WE GOING TO FIND THE MONEY FOR ALL OF THIS?? ?? ?? ??

(Question on page 12):wave:
We're not and since JP's criteria says any proposed alternative must be affordable it will fail. End of.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
perseus said:
I have no record of anybody using my information. It is copyright protected (only plan can be copyrighted not the idea) and if anybody has, I would weant to know who it is so that I can take the appropriate action.

THIS IS VERY SERIOUS INDEED MR HORTON...ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE USED YOUR PAPERS AGAINST YOUR EXPRESS PERMISSION...IF THIS IS SO, ARE YOU GOING TO PERSUE THIS. I THINK IT WOULD BE DREADFULL IF SOMETHING WAS PRESENTED AT THE INQUIRY BY ONE OF THE PROTAGIONISTS THAT IT TURNS OUT WAS USED WITHOUT PERMISSION

perseus said:
Railway stations for football stadia

Derby hasn't got one, neither has Reading.

Bolton's railway station and new road was built after the stadium.

This is in the Pende plan. It is a fact that Railtrack will not build a railway station until their are sufficient customers to justify it (i.e. 250,000 or thereabouts.)

In this respect, Falmer has the distinct advantage.

Not having a a railway station (or the possibility of one) is not a fatal flaw, but a very strong indication. I cannot see anyway that in the long term, a proper football stadium could be justified without a railway station.

There are not enough buses and drivers.

Maybe I'm dim, or maybe my brain is just overloaded at reading all this, but if you say that you cannot see that a stadium without a railway station could be justified, doesn't that rule out Shoreham Airport and the cement works? Which brings us back to Falmer, which has the best raillway connection of ALL the sites ever mentioned (except possibly Brighton station!)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
dave the gaffer said:
THIS IS VERY SERIOUS INDEED MR HORTON...ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE USED YOUR PAPERS AGAINST YOUR EXPRESS PERMISSION...IF THIS IS SO, ARE YOU GOING TO PERSUE THIS. I THINK IT WOULD BE DREADFULL IF SOMETHING WAS PRESENTED AT THE INQUIRY BY ONE OF THE PROTAGIONISTS THAT IT TURNS OUT WAS USED WITHOUT PERMISSION

You are suggesting this. I am not aware that anybody is using my plan without permission.

Furthermore, I am not going to give them permission to use it for nefarious purposes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
good on you

I am very glad you feel this way, as it would be awful if someone used your work to promote something that is as essential to the future of our club.

I am confidant that if anything appeared at the enquiry that had in fact been "lifted" from any investigations you had made into the suitability and feasability of "pende" you will of course be the first to bring this to the notice of the authorities running the inquiry.

i now go home confident in the fact that you had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the two new sites had been mentioned.

I unreservedly apologise for any slur on your good name I may have made and look forward to the inquiry and also to the information the other parties will be presenting to the PE, which of course will not have any of your finding in it at all. It will be interestng to see what they come up with won't it.

All the best

dave the gaffer

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cadiz Seagull said:
Maybe I'm dim, or maybe my brain is just overloaded at reading all this, but if you say that you cannot see that a stadium without a railway station could be justified, doesn't that rule out Shoreham Airport and the cement works? Which brings us back to Falmer, which has the best raillway connection of ALL the sites ever mentioned (except possibly Brighton station!)

It certainly rules out (in my opinion) Sheepcote Valley, Shoreham Harbour, Toad's Hole, Waterhall ...

I am not trying to pull over anybody's eyes. Falmer has an adequate railway station.

Pende falls short of the required number of passengers at a maximum of something like 150,000 a year for football supporters alone.

Therefore, as someone quite rightly said, it would not be justified on its own. This would not pass the scrutiny board of a local Council, let alone a Public Inquiry.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yoda, I know I have not answered your question. It will take sometime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here