Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Sorry but more help needed.

If I set my twitter account to text me when someone tweets, does it cost me?.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Guy's really appreciate all the advice, I feel as if I'm being really thick with this.

Can anyone suggest any good seagull tweeters worth following?.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Why do you need a text when someone tweets? You just log in and read it exactly the same way that you would read Nsc.

I dont know, I am just trying to get into this.........

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why do you need a text when someone tweets? You just log in and read it exactly the same way that you would read Nsc.

If you got twitter to text you tweets when the Albion score you'd get for free what would cost 25p if you used the official SMS service.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
For me the whole point of Twitter is the hashtags.

With something like Facebook you're communicating with a closed group of people. With with Twitter you're potentially communicating with everyone, and you're doing it by subject - so if you put in a hashtag or follow/search a hastage rather than specific people then you can see what absolutley anyone is saying about that subject. I've had some great conversatiions and met some interesting and useful people because of hashtags.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Guy's really appreciate all the advice, I feel as if I'm being really thick with this.

Can anyone suggest any good seagull tweeters worth following?.

[MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]Snappy Paul Hazlewood the club photographer
[MENTION=12198]paul[/MENTION]Camillin club press officer
[MENTION=3501]Seagulls[/MENTION]News
@Suspolfootball Club football liaison officer (tweets useful travelling info for away games)

Edit You can also search for names and find the appropriate players. A hashtag group like #bhafc will bring up all tweets with that hashtag when you search.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I found that the best way to use twitter is to follow people that have been suggested to you or you think may be of interest. After a while you will decide to stop following those that are crap but along the way you will pick up a few other people worth following. You gradually end up following the ones you enjoy and getting rid of the rubbish and it can be quite rewarding. I currently follow a lot of people that are either involved with the Albion ( Players, media, officials etc) , a few comedians, a few friends and generally anyone of interest I have picked up along the way. You can dip in and out at anytime you want and it can be an enjoyable experience when you have the correct strategy on how to get the best out of it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For me the whole point of Twitter is the hashtags.

With something like Facebook you're communicating with a closed group of people. With with Twitter you're potentially communicating with everyone, and you're doing it by subject - so if you put in a hashtag or follow/search a hastage rather than specific people then you can see what absolutley anyone is saying about that subject. I've had some great conversatiions and met some interesting and useful people because of hashtags.

So, it's like a form of electronic Hashish ?

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Don't think so much about following people - think about following subjects : try following #bhafc for everything people are saying about Albion - (as long as they understand Twitter enough to use that when they tweet.)

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Loads of Brighton players have it - not sure if it's his new real account but Abdul has twitter and said he's staying till end of season! Twitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here