Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Twitter/X

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I lost the stomach for Twitter before Elon Musk took over, I can only imagine the data scraping free for all shitshow it must be by now.

I tried Bluesky, but found it too “Twitter” for my liking. Mastodon is my kind of social media, nobody else is there.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
When I venture outside the people I follow, I find it fascinating/interesting and depressing. It's definitely good to read other viewpoints, but it seems that there is so much extreme views, with little balance or nuance, particularly from the right.

Also sometimes get the impression I'm the only one not on board with the WEF conspiracy!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Musk has been abusing his position recently by using X as his personal political tool against Kamala Harris.

First people were being blocked when they tried to follow her after she became the presidential candidate and then he retweeted a deep fake video of her even though it's against X's posting policies.
The blokes a psychopath - he’s turned X into a far right cesspit. My ‘For You’ page is definitely not what I want to be seeing 80% of the time.

It was also leaked there was ‘power’ users of far right accounts that were approved to use racist and abusive language 🙄

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Never got into Twatter, assuming it's a worse version of Fassbook?
I don’t think you can compare one with the other.
Facebook is quite manageable with regards to what you see, Twitter as mentioned is basically a Steven Yaxley Lemon/Ferage wankfest at the moment. Personally I’m finding the latter unreadable at the moment.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
I logged in the other day for the first time in ages and couldn't believe the amount of far-right bollocks in the top 10 trending. All seemed to follow the same theme and I guarantee 95% of it is bots and generative AI. All seems to be with the intention of stirring up hatred.
Is it far right groups? State sponsored? Or is Musk tweaking algorithms to display certain content? It wouldn't be the first time a social media company has tried to influence society (Facebook helping to invite violence in Asia, Cambridge analytical).
Whatever the cause, it's worrying to think about. I've deleted the app and won't be a part of it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Most of you are better of here where you have a mod to protect you when you hurl abuse at others then get some back.

I haven't got the hang of twitter yet, there is to much I don't want to see and no easy way to contact people for private messages. Been on now for about 4 months and can see how it becomes an echo chamber.

Twitter is full of unnecessary antagonism, you'll fit in well with this kind of post.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Facebook is quite manageable with regards to what you see, Twitter as mentioned is basically a Steven Yaxley Lemon/Ferage wankfest at the moment. Personally I’m finding the latter unreadable at the moment.
Exactly why I've gone off it and deleted my account. Even on the following tab I'm getting absolute crap which I have no intention of seeing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, Facebook I've seemingly got controlled down to posts about:
BHAFC
Dog Training, whippets and salukis
Cricket
Benfield Nature Reserve
Happenings in Hangleton

I bounced this thread as I haven't used X for yonks, and wasn't big on Twitter anyway, but visiting it recently, you just can't escape the poison.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Most of you are better of here where you have a mod to protect you when you hurl abuse at others then get some back.

I haven't got the hang of twitter yet, there is to much I don't want to see and no easy way to contact people for private messages. Been on now for about 4 months and can see how it becomes an echo chamber.
Says the person who posts some BS from X only hours after the attack...*spectulation deleted*

Some people definitely need a mod to protect them, mainly from themselves.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yes, Facebook I've seemingly got controlled down to posts about:
BHAFC
Dog Training, whippets and salukis
Cricket
Benfield Nature Reserve
Happenings in Hangleton

I bounced this thread as I haven't used X for yonks, and wasn't big on Twitter anyway, but visiting it recently, you just can't escape the poison.
"Happenings in Hangleton" sounds like a prime candidate to get overun by people somehow turning a light hearted comment about some nice community event into a massive argument about immigration and how the country's going to the dogs. :lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"Happenings in Hangleton" sounds like a prime candidate to get overun by people somehow turning a light hearted comment about some nice community event into a massive argument about immigration and how the country's going to the dogs. :lolol:
It is already there...talking of dogs, a main topic has been a dog that has been repeatedly leaving it's doings on someone's drive and the owner hasn't been picking it up. It has potential to escalate that one as I think the dog is a migrant rescue from Romania...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I suspect Buzz on Boundary is just as bad. Even the Missus doesn't bother with it any more.

My favourite incident was "99p Shop Noncegate" that led to the setting up of the rival "Buzz Off Boundary".

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Says the person who posts some BS from X only hours after the attack...*spectulation deleted*

Some people definitely need a mod to protect them, mainly from themselves.

You learn from your mistakes, I haven't been on twitter long. Were as being called Scum and a moron is OK but responding to the latter with Retard is some kind of "wrongthink". You cant learn from that, useless is useless even if you are a "moderator". Oh well, 2 more trolls to add to ignore when i see them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here