Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter: who still doesn't get it?

Twitter: do you get it?

• Total voters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Twitter is merely a communications infrastructure. To have no interest in it, is to have no interest in absolutely anything at all.

What a load of bollogs. "Fug me well that's just great Bozza, with that philosophy you could go through life never knowing anyone, or achieving anything at all" (copyright and bastardized from Good Will Hunting).

I like to think I bring something to the table in relation to this debate when I say 'Twittering and reading aforementioned Twittering is for sad f/ing morons who spend too much time on the internet, need to switch off their PCs and go try their hand at writing a novel, fly fishing, water polo etc. etc.'

CM (8k posts of my life wasted on NSC)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I used to like Facebook. Useful to keep in contact with people, snoop on friends you haven't seen for a while, arrange events and share photos. I got sick of the crap that goes with it. Am I Fit? Texas hold 'em. Invites to join various silly things.

I was anti-Twitter at the beginning, but have since got involved and I enjoy perusing. There are some great Albion things to follow. Gus Poyet, tslr, wearebrighton, NSC and so on. Great for breaking news, following a celebrity of interest and so on.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am not a fan of having to squeeze everything in, shrink it to size. And that's not me trying to make out i am well-hung. I am just flabby.
Yes, the world is full of quick one-liners and of course they have their momentary worth and sometimes become legendary by chance, but there has to be room for a ramble, i think. Facebook i already have trouble enough fitting in what i want to say about something (normally myself), so having under 150 spaces to say stuff would toss me into an unacceptably tiny chaos.
Facebook i sometimes use the messaging thing for, but don't broadcast my happenings to all. I think it's much easier on NSC, because, obviously, i'm not using my real name, so it's more about playing to the type i made here. On Facebook it would have to be HELLO EVERYBODY MY NAME IS ANDY AND I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT ME as a precursor to any following statement. I am uncomfortable with that direct public advertising of a product that was never in fashion and now just seen wobbling unwantedly on the back of 2 broken down lorries somewhere in the midlands.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think like a lot of these things it's been massivley overhyed by a smallish media clique for whom the service that it provides seems very important.

this.

Twitter is merely a communications infrastructure. To have no interest in it, is to have no interest in absolutely anything at all.

absolute bollocks. mainly because it is merely a communication method. there are plenty of others. in fact its a very poor one with its message limit. its blogging meets SMS, for a generation with a short attention span and throw away, consumption culture.

good :fishing: though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I might close NSC. I've had enough of providing a service for such a group of heathens.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Twitter for the over 50's means early morning birdsong :laugh:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I might close NSC. I've had enough of providing a service for such a group of heathens.

Shouldn't you be writing drivel like that on your 'Twitter page'? (or whatever it's called) then when you've closed NSC, banned me, or whatever you need to do you could tweet about that too.

:thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I follow a few journalists (Henry Winter and Oliver Kaye amongst others), as they've often got some interesting titbits from press conferences and football matches they're at. I follow Robyn Shonherr...Schernof...Schone...that bird off Talksport who reads the news and supports the Albion, had a few Albion-based Tweety chitchats with her. Had a tit-for-tat spat with Stan Colleymore once as well, as I accused him of cutting and pasting his tweets, which he vehemently denied :lolol:

Ian Poulter is quite entertaining. He tweeted about Westwood setting the alarm to go off on McDowells iPhone during Montys opening ceremony speech. Just crap like that really. Is it life-changing ? No. Just mildly amusing sometimes (although I'm totally bored with Leons meltdown now).

Completely agree with this. It's the first place for breaking sports news and articles, breaking news too from Sky news. Add to that comments from sports people like Poulter, who made some cracking tweets during the Ryder Cup, and I really enjoy using Twitter. People who try to suggest it's just a rubbish replica for Facebook are really missing the point. I actually prefer it to Facebook now after being one of the 'not get it' group not too long ago

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The England cricketers are good to follow too. Swann comes out with some binding comments

Monday 07:40hrs: I've always found UHU to be a superior adhesive
Monday 11:32hrs: Spiral binders are good for keeping loose A4 sheets together.
Monday 13:27hrs: I've just wound string round two of my fingers and now I can't bloody loosen it!
Monday 13:54hrs: Went out for a beer with that South African chap Pieterson last week. After ten pints we'd developed a real special bond you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here